What is Western Pennsylvania culturally?

Kurt Angle and Josh Koscheck are from P-burg, as well as a number of well known NFL QBs.

penis ill vein hea'

Pittsburgh is culturally like Cleveland. Philadelphia is culturally like New York City. And then you've got Kentucky in between.

lk41j_.gif
You're confusing West Pennsylvania and West Philadelphia, but thanks for the laugh.

The rest of PA looks at Pittsburgh more fondly than they do of Philly though.

Philly is a shithole mixed in with some good history/architecture, museums and restaurants. Besides the fact Philly has some of the worst crime stats of any U.S. city with over a million people they have weird issues like flash mobs

Pittsburgh is pretty cool. Culturally it is like the rest of the state of PA. Hunting, fishing, 2nd Amendment friendly. Philly is nothing like the rest of PA. I have family in Philly and friends from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh people know Philly is a shithole. I'm from Northeastern PA and I'd move to Pitt before ever considering Philly. Still a fan of Philly sports though.

Pittsburgh is pretty cool. Culturally it is like the rest of the state of PA. Hunting, fishing, 2nd Amendment friendly. Philly is nothing like the rest of PA. I have family in Philly and friends from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh people know Philly is a shithole. I'm from Northeastern PA and I'd move to Pitt before ever considering Philly. Still a fan of Philly sports though.
Birds could go all the way this year, if Wentz isn't killed by a flash mob.

I’ve grown up in Western PA all my life, and I currently live just outside of Pittsburgh. It’s an interesting city where if you just travel 15 minutes away from downtown in any direction, it starts to become woodsy and feels fairly rural even in the surburban areas. I grew up in a small town about an hour and a half away from Pittsburgh, and it’s like the wild west where it’s all small towns with neighbors scattered apart from each other and there’s farms everywhere. When you start getting away from the towns, it’s very open country. You can do pretty whatever you want, and the cops won’t be showing up. It’s pretty much like a colder southern state.

Pittsburgh itself is a very liveable and affordable city, but the traffic can suck because of the tunnels and bridges. It’s got its bad areas like every city, but they’re pretty easy to avoid.

Philly is a shithole mixed in with some good history/architecture, museums and restaurants. Besides the fact Philly has some of the worst crime stats of any U.S. city with over a million people they have weird issues like flash mobs

Only in Center City really, the rest is pretty average.

Only in Center City really, the rest is pretty average.

Agreed, but just Center City alone is pretty large compared to most cities. If you compared just Center City to Pittsburgh it would consume a lot of urban Pittsburgh.

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 11.28.44 AM.png

This is sooo true. lol......I love to eat in Philly, bar hop. But there is an undercurrent of trash, weirdness, and a homeless problem that rivals anywhere.

I’ve grown up in Western PA all my life, and I currently live just outside of Pittsburgh. It’s an interesting city where if you just travel 15 minutes away from downtown in any direction, it starts to become woodsy and feels fairly rural even in the surburban areas. I grew up in a small town about an hour and a half away from Pittsburgh, and it’s like the wild west where it’s all small towns with neighbors scattered apart from each other and there’s farms everywhere. When you start getting away from the towns, it’s very open country. You can do pretty whatever you want, and the cops won’t be showing up. It’s pretty much like a colder southern state.

Pittsburgh itself is a very liveable and affordable city, but the traffic can suck because of the tunnels and bridges. It’s got its bad areas like every city, but they’re pretty easy to avoid.

How is the food in Pittsburgh? Bars, night life?

Philly has one giant advantage over Pitt and thats location. 2 hours you can be in NYC, Baltimore and DC in 3 hours. Atlantic Ocean an hour or so away. For live music and tours it also tends to get more stops being that it's on the way to NYC and most acts will hit Philly whereas sometimes Pitt can get missed. Pitt is definitely overall a nicer place though.

How is the food in Pittsburgh? Bars, night life?

The food scene is pretty good here. PIttsburgh got rated number one on Zagat as best food city a couple years ago. Lots of diversity. A lot of young, upcoming chefs are finding that property is relatively cheap to start up kitchens. The food truck scene here is fairly big here too.

Breweries are popping up like every other week, so there’s a lot of good beer here, but also some dull stuff too. In the South Side on E Carson St, there’s a bar or restaurant every five feet for a mile, and even more on the offshoot streets. The bars range from the dirty old man dive to the upscale artisan joint. There’s really a little something for everyone in just this one part of town.

Back