Votes: 17 8.0%
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Rock the Kasbah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
Kingpin for me. Finally Big Ern is above the law!!!

kingpin isn't a bill murray film,he has pretty much a cameo, unfortunately,still great film though.
It shouldn’t be a Bill Murray film, but for my money he steals it...

Groundhog Day is the one I will sit down and watch every time it's on.

Lost in Translation was great in a number of ways and it was the first time I ever fully appreciated the use of color in a film. Murray was flawless but he didn't need to do much.

Life Aquatic is sick levels of crazy brilliance, and he's perfect in it, but I also don't ever want to watch it again.

All of his classic comedies are sweet.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

One of the greatest movies ever made in my opinion.

That was a brilliant film.

That was a brilliant film.

There was a thread about your all time favorite films. This was my second, Royal Tenenbaums is a masterpiece in my opinion (as is Life Aquatic)

I love Wes Anderson. We shouldn't forget Bill in Rushmore, another classic.

Bill and Anderson work so damn well together. Did you hear about Bill showing up on his days off to protect Anderson from the psycho Gene Hackman?

The one where Jamie Lee Curtis plays a ho and lets him enjoy the view of her perfect boobs for free.

I went with Caddyshack. I also really liked Kingpin though.
those are my 2 favorite movies on the list but Groundhog Day is my favorite movie with Bill Murray as the lead.
There should have been a Caddyshack sequel with just Rodney, Chevy, Bill Murray and Ted McKinley (aka the funny parts)...fuck Danny Noonan imo

There was a thread about your all time favorite films. This was my second, Royal Tenenbaums is a masterpiece in my opinion (as is Life Aquatic)

I love Wes Anderson. We shouldn't forget Bill in Rushmore, another classic.

Bill and Anderson work so damn well together. Did you hear about Bill showing up on his days off to protect Anderson from the psycho Gene Hackman?

Rushmore was a great movie too. I did not hear about the Gene Hackman thing.

Quick Change all the way great movie with a bunch of stars in it.

I had a hard time choosing between these but eventually picked Rushmore as my favorite although I think Lost in Translation is a gorgeous movie and both might be in my top 5 favorite films ever.

Rushmore was a great movie too. I did not hear about the Gene Hackman thing.

Apparently Gene was a real piece of shit to everyone the entire filming. Royal Tenenbaums is set in an alternate NYC basically, if you notice there are no major NYC landmarks, Gene got mad about that as well.
Anderson had tried to stay positive but recalled that Murray had actually come to set, even when the actor was not involved in filming, just to protect the director. “You were not scared of Gene,” Anderson said to Murray. “I noticed early on so I started asking you to come be there. I remember, there was a scene where Gene goes for a walk in the park and I looked up on the top of this rock and you were standing with a cowboy hat watching the set. And you were just there to show solidarity and I was very touched by that.”

It's his best film and Wes Anderson's best film at the same time.

It's incredible work and expertly acted. I think Royal Tenenbaums might be Anderson's best work though just for the sheer amount of moving pieces involved and each actor really nailed it. I think it's a shame that Life Aquatic did so poorly with the critics.

Apparently Gene was a real piece of shit to everyone the entire filming. Royal Tenenbaums is set in an alternate NYC basically, if you notice there are no major NYC landmarks, Gene got mad about that as well.

It's incredible work and expertly acted. I think Royal Tenenbaums might be Anderson's best work though just for the sheer amount of moving pieces involved and each actor really nailed it. I think it's a shame that Life Aquatic did so poorly with the critics.
The Royal Tenenbaums used to be my pick, that film is genius, and there's so much going on it, but as they've aged and I've given each multiple subsequent viewings, I've come to realize that I don't just personally identify more closely with The Life Aquatic, because I always knew that, but I also genuinely believe it's the greater of the two films with more enduring appeal and wisdom.

The Royal Tenenbaums used to be my pick, that film is genius, and there's so much going on it, but as they've aged and I've given each multiple subsequent viewings, I've come to realize that I don't just personally identify more closely with The Life Aquatic, because I always knew that, but I also genuinely believe it's the greater of the two films with more enduring appeal and wisdom.

First time I got my heart broken I spent an entire summer watching Life Aquatic on repeat. Every single night, Anderson created a character so good in Steve Zissou that you sort of see different parts of yourself in him as you age.

Damn I really can't commit to either or. I absolutely get what you're saying but one thing I love about repeatedly watching Royal Tenenbaums is you can just concentrate on one character each viewing and essentially the movie is about them.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm in the middle of resetting my sleep schedule so I'm forcing myself to stay awake and I'm rewatching RT right now.

There's something about this scene I can't quite put my finger on that's just so heartbreaking to me.
giphy.gif

My Blu-Rays are in storage so I'm watching it on my laptop and can't listen to the commentary but I would love to hear what Wes has to say about that it. God damn they are really just fantastic films though.

First time I got my heart broken I spent an entire summer watching Life Aquatic on repeat. Every single night, Anderson created a character so good in Steve Zissou that you sort of see different parts of yourself in him as you age.

Damn I really can't commit to either or. I absolutely get what you're saying but one thing I love about repeatedly watching Royal Tenenbaums is you can just concentrate on one character each viewing and essentially the movie is about them.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm in the middle of resetting my sleep schedule so I'm forcing myself to stay awake and I'm rewatching RT right now.

There's something about this scene I can't quite put my finger on that's just so heartbreaking to me.
giphy.gif

My Blu-Rays are in storage so I'm watching it on my laptop and can't listen to the commentary but I would love to hear what Wes has to say about that it. God damn they are really just fantastic films though.

I just watched the Royal Tenenbaums for the first time, and I don't get the hype. Rushmore and Life Aquatic were both better films, and it is far from Bill Murray's best role.

Moving violations.
Wait that was his brother.

Back