What is your favorite Christian Music

Niiiice, worship wise I always liked hillsong but am on an bethel and elevation worship kick

Christian hip hop has gotten so good recently as well, lecrae, trip lee, sho Baraka all good,

been listening to a lot of NF as well, I think he was in a recent Eminem diss track lol

@Ripskater

I like that song a lot.

Reminds me of a perspective from Jordan Peterson I heard lately (although I'm not sure about his ideology but I liked what he said here)

"when you read these terrible things you have to understand you're reading about you. If you don't understand you're reading about you then you don't actually don't understand the stories. Cause you automatically put yourself as the "good person" who would never do anything like that. And the other people are devils in some sense and it's very easy for people to make that division.

But it's a horrific realization to think that the devil you see outside is the same devil inside... and you don't know in a situation like that what you might do."

With that said I'll end off with this verse from Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while We we're still sinners, Christ died for us

@Ripskater

I like that song a lot.

Reminds me of a perspective from Jordan Peterson I heard lately (although I'm not sure about his ideology but I liked what he said here)

"when you read these terrible things you have to understand you're reading about you. If you don't understand you're reading about you then you don't actually don't understand the stories. Cause you automatically put yourself as the "good person" who would never do anything like that. And the other people are devils in some sense and it's very easy for people to make that division.

But it's a horrific realization to think that the devil you see outside is the same devil inside... and you don't know in a situation like that what you might do."

With that said I'll end off with this verse from Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while We we're still sinners, Christ died for us
Amen

I actually liked that song and the DC Talk song that came out around the same time. I can't believe I just said that.

That band was actually extremely talented and not just as a Christian band.

I hate explicit Christian music. It is much stronger when it is more subtle. Usually artists just do a song or two, but I have always considered Alexi Murdoch's "Time Without Consequence" to be one of the best albums of this kind:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kWvbVqyY2zHVuXIKP1ZwMWdKLzyJKr80A

I also interpret Gavin Degraw's hymn-like "Chariot" to be this kind of spiritual pop song:

This is a brother and sister duo. They released their debut album this year, and I think it's great...

Rascal Flatts isn't a Christian band, but they came out with a song a long time ago called, "He ain't the leaving kind." It's really good imo.

I like Rend Collective, even though they copied Mumford & Sons style. Israel Houghton is someone I like to listen to, as well as Tye Tribett. I still listen to DC Talk from time to time. I grew up listening to them. And gospel is also my jam.

Christian music has tried to branch out into different genres and I respect that. In the 90s and early 2000s, everyone sounded the same. It was repetitive, and absolutely annoying. I couldn't put K-Love radio stations on for more than a few minutes at a time. Lame city fa sho. But Christian music has gotten better, at least imo.

god-listens-to-slayer.jpg

Damn, somebody beat me too it.

HELL'S GRIM TYRANT
THE IMAGE OF NIGHT AND CHAOS
BREATHE ONCE AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

This song has always given me a spiritual boost. :)

Ya'll had better buckle up for this one! :)

My favorite Christian band would be Burzum closely followed by Deicide.

Back