Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Rocky V

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Rocky Balboa

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Creed

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
stallone saved his best acting for creed, he looks like he tried to compensate for the characters physical loss with more attention to his demeanor, speech patterns, gestures, a great job really.

The first Rocky was the best movie and I don't think it's remotely close. The sequels were all fun, but contrived.

4 and it isnt close.
giphy.gif

I had KQs suited and flop is Kd Qh 10s turn is 4s river is Jc I’ve raised pre flop and he called he checked to me on the flop and I bet checked the turn and I bet all in on the river and I call, fuck poker.

V is hard too watch because of Tommy. Sad story

Iv had the best fight too me.

My opinion on the franchise has changed as I've gotten older. I used to think of them as great dramas that revolved around boxing and I would have given Rocky the easy win as best in the series with Creed and Rocky Balboa behind them. Now I think of them as fun, guilty pleasure watches and Rocky IV is the pinnacle of the series in that regard.

Cinderella man > all the rocky movies combined :)

That was a great movie. I watched Cinderella Man for the first time a short time after I watched Rocky Balboa for the first time, and I remember thinking Cinderella Man blew it out of the water. Rocky Balboa was a solid film, but Cinderella Man was fantastic.

Creed was the only rocky movie i watched, it was really good, better then southpaw.

Why should I watch Rocky when Bloodsport is much more like real fighting?

Warrior is the GOAT movie by the way, cause it has Kurt Angle playing a crazy Russian who powerbombs some dude through the canvas. I think it also has a scene with Tom Hardy who continues to fight his own brother, even after he breaks his arm. That's how they fight in the streets.

Why should I watch Rocky when Bloodsport is much more like real fighting?

Warrior is the GOAT movie by the way, cause it has Kurt Angle playing a crazy Russian who powerbombs some dude through the canvas. I think it also has a scene with Tom Hardy who continues to fight his own brother, even after he breaks his arm. That's how they fight in the streets.
stallone mentioned how his dad never said anything posititive to him and then said his dad sad the fight scenes in rocky weren't any good. I've seen worse, they weren't that bad not so bad that they killed the film.

Boxing is a sport that is impossible to imitate, even the fight scenes in Raging Bull make me wince.

I didn't consider Raging Bull to be a boxing movie per se, more of a character drama so I looked over the boxing.

For me the best boxing I've seen in a movie so far is the Fighter, probably because Marky Mark actually knows how to box. Even the short bits where Christian Bale throws punches was impressive. He actually looked like a guy who knew how to throw a hook, which speaks to the dedication Bale has to getting into character.

How are the new Creed movies?

Voted Rocky 3. BTW you included Rocky 5 which I assume was a mistake in case you need to amend?

Rocky 1 is the only legitimate good film

I never understand why folks dont prefer rocky 2. 2 training montages, he's the same character, epic rematch, and he wins.

Rocky 4 is a million times funner tho.

Guys, wake up

Rocky 2.

Rocky III, IV and V were basically just spin-off's of the first two.
Stallone began to sell out here, dropped the authenticity of the first two and went with the bland & cringey popculture road instead.
They began using over-the-top villians like Clubber Lang & Ivan Drago, opposed to a realistic character like Apollo Creed.

Funny enough, the cashing-in off of the two masterpieces from the 1970s is still going on TILL THIS DAY!

Is Joshua vs Wilder happening now or what??

Can't beat 3. It had everything. It was basically a perfect movie.

Back