What is your opinion of this Police officer throwing down with disrespectful teen?

Video is old.

Cop was fired, and arrested the next day.

Family sued.

Don't act like a thug if you're a police officer.

Alright fair enough. I don't think he should lose his job necessarily but definitely some punishment is in order.

He's being charged with assault and battery so it doesn't seem like the state is letting him off the hook and unlike the cops who kill people he's getting unpaid leave as opposed to paid leave.

You do know that paid leave is pending an investigation ? Are you for not paying someone while an investigation takes place lasting months and, at times, much longer ? You can destroy someone's life that way.

This is what triggered the officer, please watch the entire video before commenting.

"Go back to Mexico!" the teen yells.

"I ain't from Mexico, you stupid [expletive]!" Officer Rosario fires back.

Attorney Dan Fultz says Officer Rosario had reached his limit with a 19-year-old standing at a potential crime scene.

The officer comes back to the same home and the teen doesn't disrespect him and says its all good

Officer gets punished
http://abc7chicago.com/news/body-cam-captures-officer-punching-teen-/1813250/

Good punishment kid needs to be taught a lesson too.

There should be no tolerance to uncivilized behavior or else we risk slipping back into cave man era politics.

I would like to see more adults beating down mouthy teenagers with bad attitudes. I'm sick of these weak, disgusting, bleeding heart bozos making endless excuses for wannabe thugs and criminal scum.

One one hand that's insane unprofessional. On the other hand that kid deserved the was kicking he got

Haha, that was awesome. I'm one of the first guys who will complain about a pig abusing his power but that wasn't the case here since he basically dealt with him as if he wasn't an officer.

Police need to be more professional than this and he should be punished but if the teen doesn't want to press charges then I think he should get a slap on the wrist. If anything I'd trust this officer more than others since he had the good sense in a heated situation not to abuse his power and leave it at a civilian ass whooping.
i agree but on the other hand a cop needs to keep the situation under control. he spent far too long arguing and it makes cops look weak.

i bet that kid and other people like him will respect the presence allot less after watching that.

I would like to see more adults beating down mouthy teenagers with bad attitudes. I'm sick of these weak, disgusting, bleeding heart bozos making endless excuses for wannabe thugs and criminal scum.
You would be black and blue every day, and weak as hell.

The only wannabe thug was this unprofessional loser cop, and since he broke the law, he was the scum.

Back