What kind of overhead pressing gets the most biznatches?

Actually I full C and J'd 100 kgs at this point.

Strict pressed 45 kgs yesterday.
Push press - 60 kgs.

Remember - I just started these one week ago.

Seated overhead press - 85 kgs.

How much it's considered cheat - I do not fucking know or care - but I do get some hip raise on bench press.
Simply cause I don't have the lumbar flexion to keep my hips on the bench for a good back arch and leg drive.

Push press - 60 kgs.

How much it's considered cheat - I do not fucking know or care - but I do get some hip raise on bench press.
Simply cause I don't have the lumbar flexion to keep my hips on the bench for a good back arch and leg drive.

You can jerk 40kgs more than you can push press? That doesn't make much sense. Neither does your regular press numbers compared to your bench.

You just suck at benching.

Why is that unbelievable?

55 kgs on strict press, as of yesterday.

I'm loving that exercise.
Good spinal extension on it, feel it all through my upper body and abs.

Push press 75 kgs this morn.

Using more leg drive than before.

I was trying to apply minimum but, I guess once you use leg drive, might as well go whole hog - AmIRite??

There was all these biznatches in the place - and they were getting all moist and shit -

source.gif

No, you didn't.
No, there wasn't.
No, they weren't.

Push press - 60 kgs.

Wait what??? These numbers make no sense at all.

Seated OHP more than you strict press AND push press. Even a strict press you should be getting better muscle activation standing than seated. It should be no problem at all to press the same standing as seated and realistically your standing strict press for most people will be slightly more than seated.

Weighted free standing hand stand push ups at 200+ lbs

<20>

I'm excluding push press more and more.

It's kind of like, cheat press.

I can't imagine it really adds any most substance to the lift in terms of shoulder development??

Strict press and seated press feel WAAAY better, in any case.

I like regular barbell OHP

and heavy Turkish getups (they have an overhead component and are very relevant to grappling)

Back