Media What Moves/Techniques Still Haven't Landed in the UFC?

I don't think there has been a standing arm triangle finish in the UFC. Jessica Eye had one in Bellator and I think there was one in Japan in either Pride or Rizin.

Rothwell on Barnett IIRC.

That wasn't a gogoplata or omoplata. It was some sort of modified guillotine/darce. I think gogo's are specific to the shin choke.

I haven't heard of a gogoplata being done with the arms/hands, I could be wrong but I thought it was specific to choking someone with your shin/lower leg.

I used to wrestle, it's not a fun move to get caught in. I like seeing wrestlers use pain pins for subs in MMA though. The twister(wrestler's guillotine) and Hughes' front headlock choke on Almedia were awesome for me as a former wrestler.
Loved that one
hugheschokept01_medium_medium.gif

hugheschokept02_medium.gif

hugheschokept03_medium.gif

That wasn't a gogoplata or omoplata. It was some sort of modified guillotine/darce. I think gogo's are specific to the shin choke.

I haven't heard of a gogoplata being done with the arms/hands, I could be wrong but I thought it was specific to choking someone with your shin/lower leg.
They did call it a gogo choke

Is that the same as a 10 finger guillotine?

Loved that one
hugheschokept01_medium_medium.gif

hugheschokept02_medium.gif

hugheschokept03_medium.gif

Yeah after that happened there were so many people claiming it was all strength, I've been in one it's not, it's has a lot to do with leverage and putting your body weight in the right areas.

They did call it a gogo choke

Is that the same as a 10 finger guillotine?

It might be, I just thought gogo was specific to a shin choke, maybe the term is more about having a lever across the neck.

I want to see jean claude van damme helicopter kick !

I don't think anyone has an inverted triangle finish in the UFC(could be wrong though), a few guys have combo inverted triangle/other sub finishes though. I think Cole Miller got one where he finished with a Kimura and Chris Lytle got some sort of combo sub on Dan Hardy.

PerkyDesertedArctichare-small.gif

It might be, I just thought gogo was specific to a shin choke, maybe the term is more about having a lever across the neck.
"Gogo" I believe, just means across the trachea.

But a gogoplata is very definitely performed shin across the throat.

not the fanciest move, but i want to see this one. John Hackleman calls it an arc strike, i guess its basically a full power palm strike to the temple/side of head...how funny would it be if someone said "what did the five fingers say to the face?" right before throwing it

Spinning Bird Kick.

9zwh30o.gif

We have gotten a twister out of Korean Zombie. Now the first up elbow type KO finish against him. What moves still haven't occurred?

I definitely want to see a somersault kick land

Gaethje?

damnit TS
when you said "somersault kick" I was expecting this

tenor.gif

leaving thread disappointed

Has to be the 'dim mak' for me...
<{MindBrown}>

Back