What Pain Meds Can Fighters Take During Camp & Post-Fight??

neddac

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do they have a restricted list that they can use?

Do they need exemptions of heavily medicines for say an operation?

The Woodley Thumb post made me wonder.

Surely they aren't all using CBD just yet.

They should try alcohol.

More specifically whiskey.

More specifically, Conor's new brand proper no.12 Irish Whiskey.

They should try alcohol.

More specifically whiskey.

I bet you've purchased a waistcoat recently

...but haven't been at a wedding.

I prefer Nick Diaz' method of pain killing...

hqdefault.jpg

Booze joke, weed joke, got it.

There was a time actual fighters would be in here answering the question...

Unless they are pisses like schaub they don't need pain killers

luckily it's becoming legal in parts of the US, but the outlaw of marijuana is one of the more absurd chapters in human history

you shouldnt need anything outside of weed + ibuprofen lol

if this doesnt mask the pain you shouldnt be fighting

Id bet that no opiates are allowed. Not even Darvocet or tramadol (which isn't even really an opiate). Maybe things like Neurontin would be allowed? I remember Chris Leben received a TUE to fight while taking suboxone, but that was being taken for maintenance purposes first and foremost while Im sure providing pain relief as a side benefit.

Yes if you are injured or had surgery and really need pain meds they will give you an exemption. Just not in competition testing obviously.

But if you really need pain meds that’s a bad sign

Shit man surprised actually that Norco and Vicodin is allowed. Does that mean they can go fight all fucked up?

cbd or red vein kratom
Didn't know about kratom but shouldn't pain killers be taken with anti inflammatories ? What's the point in taking pain meds without battling the cause of the pain?

methylsulfonylmethane
taurine
tart cherry juice
cumarine
pomengranate juice
e.t.c.

Last edited:
Id bet that no opiates are allowed. Not even Darvocet or tramadol (which isn't even really an opiate). Maybe things like Neurontin would be allowed? I remember Chris Leben received a TUE to fight while taking suboxone, but that was being taken for maintenance purposes first and foremost while Im sure providing pain relief as a side benefit.

tramadol is fine, but the UCI and various Anti doping agencies are pushing WADA to prohibit it in competition.

its widely abused in cycling, and its effects blamed on a lot of late race crashes, riders losing concentration etc. (cyclists use "finish bottles" to get them through the last km of races.. caffeine pills, b12, and tramadol, crushed up and mixed with coffee)

tramadol is fine, but the UCI and various Anti doping agencies are pushing WADA to prohibit it in competition.

its widely abused in cycling, and its effects blamed on a lot of late race crashes, riders losing concentration etc. (cyclists use "finish bottles" to get them through the last km of races.. caffeine pills, b12, and tramadol, crushed up and mixed with coffee)
Yeah that all makes sense. The drug certainly has considerable effects in those areas. No doubt about it.

Back