What Really Happened at UFC Fight Night Fresno (Cub Swanson vs Brian Ortega)

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
I don't know how familiar sherdoggers are of The Weasle, but he breaks down fights similar to Jack Slack. Pretty interesting analysis on the Swanson v.s. Ortega fight. He has other videos also.

I don't know how familiar sherdoggers are of The Weasle, but he breaks down fights similar to Jack Slack. Pretty interesting analysis on the Swanson v.s. Ortega fight. He has other videos also.

This guys has very good breakdowns, yes. I always take some time to watch his videos.

Yesterday I was able to watch the fight without the comments, just the fight sound. That's much better, without other people influencing your judgement. Imo Swanson was a little better on the feet, he would throw combos instead of 1 or 2 punches like Ortega, and Swanson was landing more shots, but nothing really damaging. Neither one was really hurting the other with their strikes.
Ortega was able to find that choke in the end of the 1st and almost had Swanson. Jackson warned him in the interval not to get locked up with that guy. But Ortega did a great job putting pressure in that clinch, and literally jumped on that opening where Swanson briefly exposed his neck. And that mid choke guillotine adjustment was outstanding, as pointed out by Felder.

Last edited:

Actually, it all boiled down to posing for a picture with a sick baby, according to Cub.

Weasel is good, although I disagreed with one he did last week..

The last overeem fight he did, he looked way to deep into what happened and gave N way to much credit..otherwise, I like his breakdowns,

The last overeem fight he did, he looked way to deep into what happened and gave N way to much credit..otherwise, I like his breakdowns,
I agree with you, I thought the same. He exaggerated a little too much. Talked about him as if he was some genious in the striking department.

I don't mean to be a hater, but this guy's videos seem like a lot of smoke & mirrors to me. I've checked these videos out a few times when people post them, but I never hear any great points, it just seems like a fan throwing a lot of words together and acting like he fully understands every single movement in the fight & the motivation behind it, meanwhile there is nothing really illuminating actually being said, it's all kind of obvious. He just talks about everything with this intense tone of voice like he's decoding the dead sea scrolls, but he's just commentating the action in slow motion and calling everything 'genius' and saying things like 'I've never seen anything like this before' all the time.

I don't mean to be a hater, but this guy's videos seem like a lot of smoke & mirrors to me. I've checked these videos out a few times when people post them, but I never hear any great points, it just seems like a fan throwing a lot of words together and acting like he fully understands every single movement in the fight & the motivation behind it, meanwhile there is nothing really illuminating actually being said, it's all kind of obvious. He just talks about everything with this intense tone of voice like he's decoding the dead sea scrolls, but he's just commentating the action in slow motion and calling everything 'genius' and saying things like 'I've never seen anything ike this before' all the time.
I hear what you´re saying. I like his breakdowns, but I agree with you that sometimes he exaggerates, but to be fair, many of the fights he´s doing breakdowns, are fights like Lawler vs Rory; Ngannou vs Reem; Conor vs Alvarez and many others at this level, so in this kind of epic fights, it doesn´t sound that bad to say "I´ve never seen anything like this before" as they were quite unique fights.

What really happened on that Thursday here at Augusta High School that lead to Chris Woods' Death...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back