What should my target weight be and how long will it take me to get there

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am 5'10 158lbs

Always felt too skinny but usually am around 145-150 so I think im starting to put weight

Btw im 35 but still look and feel like im in my 20's, but since im 35 dont want to bulk too much or fast, I realize It will take longer to build lean mass

I think I want to walk around at about 170 but maintain my current bf%, maybe a little less

At the same time im trying to improve my cardio as well

How long do you guys think it will take me to build 12-15 lbs of lean mass?

Do 3200 calories a day

45% carbs
30% fats
25% protein

Switch your cardio to HIIT
Lift heavy 3-4 times a week focusing on compound movements.

I went from 155-185 without increasing my bf% in 2 years.

going to depend on a lot of things such as your frame and build. According to the BMI you're maybe on the low end of where you should be. For reference I'm 5'8" and a comfortable weight for me is 180 lbs give or take 5 lbs. Any thinner than that and I'm constantly hungry and heavier and I feel sluggish and you can start to see some pudge.

the normal range for putting on muscle weight is about .25 to .5 a week, you'll probably have better progress early on then settle as you progress. For cardio and muscle gain, I'd recommend doing HIIT circuit training something like Rosstraining for example Ultimate intensity or Nevergymless, but that's not the end all be all so look around. You won't get muscle gain as fast, but it'll help you improve cardio so it's a bit of a trade off. A lot of gyms offer HIIT training classes these days. I tend to do them because first off I get tired of writing up programs, secondly it's nice to have other people to help push you (nothing like having a six month pregnant woman working out beside you to motivate you to push through) and finally there are usually some really hot women in these classes which helps too. I'll do HIIT training three times a week and try to do some heavy lifting one to two times a week.

Good luck

I am 5'10 158lbs

Always felt too skinny but usually am around 145-150 so I think im starting to put weight

Btw im 35 but still look and feel like im in my 20's, but since im 35 dont want to bulk too much or fast, I realize It will take longer to build lean mass

I think I want to walk around at about 170 but maintain my current bf%, maybe a little less

At the same time im trying to improve my cardio as well

How long do you guys think it will take me to build 12-15 lbs of lean mass?
12 pounds could easily be put on with a cycle of designer steroids. You would be able to recover your natural test production pretty fast. A single cycle of 4-6 weeks will not have long lasting consequences.

Naturally, at 35 years old.... you might be looking at a couple of years of sustained dedicated lifting and dieting to put on 12 pounds of lean mass.

200 lbs.

8% body fat.

9 inch trouser snake.

Get gear and eat well. I'm 511 and 210, if I dropped to 10-12% bf I'd prolly be 192ish. So aim around 190. No drinking while on gear.

This... is a terrible place with mostly terrible advice - concerning mostly everything.

Still on page one and multiple people are already advocating using steroids. Pro-tip - unless you're getting paid to compete in something (and a fair bit at that), drastically altering your body's chemical composition isn't the best way to go.

Last edited:
This... is a terrible place with mostly terrible advice - concerning mostly everything.

Still on page one and multiple people are already advocating using steroids. Pro-tip - unless you're getting paid to compete in something (and a fair bit at that), drastically altering your body's chemical composition isn't the best way to go.
Do you have any experience with gear?

Do you have any experience with gear?

Probably none. Even microcycles of var (like 3 weeks) with no PCT are enough for visible strength gains, and there's little to no chance of side effects. You won't be moving mountains but if you train hard to begin with, you'll definitely notice the difference, and it's awesome. And that's the mildest aas out there.

210 is minimum weight for an adult male

Except most guys that are 210 have too much body fat . 210 with 24 % body fat is fucking garbage and what most " in shape " ( in their minds eye anyway ) dudes that weight are hovering around , Not so much of a big deal when you're 25 or 30 , but starts to effect mobility and joints as you get up there. Pretty much every older dude that I know that's still a stud at 50 or 60 is the lean wiry type , while formerly overly muscular dudes usually have saggy tits where their pecs used to be and a bad back

I say this as a dude that's 6'2 and just over 200 lbs @ 38 . My goal is to drop about 10 lbs without losing too much strength and try to maintain that

Yeah no roids for me thx

I think I have enough natural juice not like im trying to gain 30lbs of muscle

If you're eating well and lifting regularly, expect to pack on a pound of solid muscle each month. Of course, you're going to gain a little bit of fat as well, which is unavoidable when you're trying to put on more mass. For every 2 pounds of muscle you gain, there will be at least a pound of fat. That's why bodybuilders usually bulk up first before cutting down.

I'm your height, but weight about 180lbs. My heaviest was 200lbs, but I was looking a bit chubby at that weight.

Probably none. Even microcycles of var (like 3 weeks) with no PCT are enough for visible strength gains, and there's little to no chance of side effects. You won't be moving mountains but if you train hard to begin with, you'll definitely notice the difference, and it's awesome. And that's the mildest aas out there.

What is the point? Why are you so impatient that you need that kind of supplementation?

I already clarified in my first post that unless you're competing in something and being paid, it's unnecessary unless you have a weak ego.

Also, there's videos of me in the S&C forums, I don't think I've seen any of you there.

5'8" 215 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. if i were your height with my build is shoot for 230, but most dudes dont have wide shoulders and are as sinuey as i am,.

What is the point? Why are you so impatient that you need that kind of supplementation?

I already clarified in my first post that unless you're competing in something and being paid, it's unnecessary unless you have a weak ego.

Also, there's videos of me in the S&C forums, I don't think I've seen any of you there.

He's 35. Time's kinda running out for real gains.

Also, weak ego argument is bullshit. People juice for many reasons other than weak ego or competition.

As for your videos, good for you. I don't engage in dick measuring contests online.

Last edited:
If I were you I'd shoot for 168-170. No need to pack on 20 lbs you're already 35 that's just going to turn into fat in a few years.

12 pounds could easily be put on with a cycle of designer steroids. You would be able to recover your natural test production pretty fast. A single cycle of 4-6 weeks will not have long lasting consequences.

Naturally, at 35 years old.... you might be looking at a couple of years of sustained dedicated lifting and dieting to put on 12 pounds of lean mass.

So you are advocating being vegan + steröids for muscle mass ? Mmm ok.

Back