What state has the worst collection of politicians?

CA, and it's not even close.
CA would have to be at the top. I wonder if everyone in TS list is in the GOP? :)

So, this seems to be a popular choice, yet none of you have been able to proffer actual policy failures, inefficiences, corruption, etc.

Can you really say that politicians for a very productive and high functioning state are the worst just because they're liberal? Isn't that kind of vapid? Can't you at least try to care about substantive public policy?

Not even a dishonorable mention, for illinois, and the land of Rahm Emmanuel, and Janice shakowsky, aka mafia corp?

Meh, Pat Quinn was an incompetent run of the mill blue dog Democrat. And Rauner is an exploitative Scott Walker-type, but I don't think any combination of Illinois politicians rises to the level of mention. None of the politicians of this era really have any fault in Illinois' budget/credit crisis. That's all owed to Democrats and Republicans of yesteryear.

As a Louisiana native, I've got to go with your honorable mention and argue that we took the top spot. Rarely do you have a politician that embraced the tea party philosophy as whole-heartedly as Jindal. Took one of the highest surpluses in the nation (per-capita) and turned it into a deficit. But rather than address those failings, and *gasp* raise taxes back to their previous levels to cover the debts, he chose to close several major hospitals. It's rare that a politicians economic policies are so bad that you can point to them literally causing death. But Jindal accomplished just that.

Our only consolation was seeing that jackoff throw his hat into the presidential primary, and sit the whole time (a few weeks for him) at the kiddy table.

A fucking embarrassment for a state that probably holds the nation's records for political scandal.

He's still wearing the "economic genius" hat, though. Somehow.

It's really incredible how badly Republican lawmakers can do and still receive support (Jindal, Walker, Brownback, etc.). I can't think off the top of my head any Democrat mainstays that weren't chased out of town after performing horribly. Hell, Gray Davis was recalled in California.

Meh, Pat Quinn was an incompetent run of the mill blue dog Democrat. And Rauner is an exploitative Scott Walker-type, but I don't think any combination of Illinois politicians rises to the level of mention. None of the politicians of this era really have any fault in Illinois' budget/credit crisis. That's all owed to Democrats and Republicans of yesteryear.

I would say there is also a history of corrupt Illinois politicians though.

Nothing is as bad as Wisconsin. Fuck all 3 of those cunts.

I would say there is also a history of corrupt Illinois politicians though.

Nothing is as bad as Wisconsin. Fuck all 3 of those cunts.

Oh, absolutely. It was 3 governors sent to prison in a four-governor span, right?

And Rauner is corrupt as hell, too. But their credit/budget woes are due to having the most units of local government in the country as mandated by their state constitution and ludicrously fat state pensions. Neither of those can be saddled on recent administrations.

Alabama easily. They constantly vote for people who vote against their best interests and do it proudly. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

I find your lack of California.... disturbing.

Jerry Brown, Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Gavin Newsom, Eric Garcetti, Kevin De Leon, and on and on.

CA’s shitty politicians shit all over other States’ shitty politicians.
This all day.

Add Jim Nielsen (now retired) to the list.

Historically it has to be Illinois, right.

Any red state
Yeah, because the "red states" are where shit like the Flynt Water crisis or the Oroville Dam debacle happen.

Arguing along partisan lines is ridiculously stupid in this debate, but one thing I will say as a general truth about Democrats is that they get so preoccupied with giving away food they sometimes forget to build farms.

You really need to add Feinstein and Jerry Brown; "as a proud old school California liberal" I say they are among the worst in the country.

Illinois has had both democrat and republican politicians end up in prison.

Yeah, because the "red states" are where shit like the Flynt Water crisis or the Oroville Dam debacle.

Arguing along partisan lines is ridiculously stupid in this debate, but one thing I will say as a general truth about Democrats is that they get so preoccupied with giving away food they sometimes forget to build farms.

Republicans are trying to convince their supporters to elect a racist paedophile pervert to the Senate, after having already put one in the White House. Nuff said.

Yeah, but.

half-in-the-bag.jpg

Also, I would go with a haven of corruption like Massachusetts or Louisiana.

New Jersey's Senator supreme just had a hung jury in a corruption case and was banging young Dominican Republic girls faster than Roy Moore at a junior high prom.
is Massachusetts that bad?

As usual only one party is corrup, right TS.

And the usual liberal crying about all republicans.

Both sides have plenty of shit politicians.

From their shit elitist thinking to their down right corruption to their pure stupidly.

You left out the queen, Hillary, she is so bad look who beat her.

As far as Alabama the only reason Moore may win is because Jones is supporting the democrats leftward movement on issues like abortion and immigration .

The push to put Moore in is about controlling the Senate and then about Alabama.

Too bad the general didn't run sooner he might have been the best guy in the race.

Yeah, but.

half-in-the-bag.jpg

Also, I would go with a haven of corruption like Massachusetts or Louisiana.

New Jersey's Senator supreme just had a hung jury in a corruption case and was banging young Dominican Republic girls faster than Roy Moore at a junior high prom.

Don't forget Rhode Island's corruption.

ALL of them.

Back