What the Democrats are going to get up to next.

Question,

Would the Dems and their hard line supporters still be this indoctrinated into causing havoc (e.g Antifa), if a Republican was president but wasn't Trump?
You are asking a question with a bad premise. Trump (and his supporters) have been much more antagonistic towards liberals than (presumably) any other GOP candidate would have been, thus the reaction has been stronger than it would have been if someone like Rubio was president.

They are going to try to stop the government from governing, it's almost unbelievable!

WooohooO!!! I was internally dying of laughter when I read that!.. LOLOLOL.

Bitching about not governing when GOP spent 6 years under Obama stopping everything and bitching about Obamacare and how to destroy it. Coincidentally speaking now they're singing about protecting it from the Dems which is absolutely rich!.. hahaha

Fuckin' GOPs and their supporters... lol

Hilarity ensues...his premise is a "narrow victory" for the dems...and it was...on the 7th...when it was written. Not so narrow a victory as of today.

So yeah, basically the opinion writers main premise was destroyed in 5 days. Good stuff.

You should probably stop reading CNN. Even with today, Republicans are still more than likely going to hold 53 Senate Seats. At a minimum 51. More than enough for a majority. So literally nothing has changed from that article. The real point, though, is that the rabid obsession with Trump, that by the way nobody but the far Left cares about, will consume the next two years and drive many Moderates and Conservatives who dislike Trump away from the obvious crazies in charge on the other side. It's already starting. This article is spot on.

You should probably stop reading CNN. Even with today, Republicans are still more than likely going to hold 53 Senate Seats. At a minimum 51. More than enough for a majority. So literally nothing has changed from that article. The real point, though, is that the rabid obsession with Trump, that by the way nobody but the far Left cares about, will consume the next two years and drive many Moderates and Conservatives who dislike Trump away from the obvious crazies in charge on the other side. It's already starting. This article is spot on.
You hope this is true...nothing more.

You are asking a question with a bad premise. Trump (and his supporters) have been much more antagonistic towards liberals than (presumably) any other GOP candidate would have been, thus the reaction has been stronger than it would have been if someone like Rubio was president.

Not neccessarily. The simple fact that Trump is even President at all is a RESPONSE to The Left's behavior over the previous 8 years.

Obsession noted

2mh67b.jpg

Not neccessarily. The simple fact that Trump is even President at all is a RESPONSE to The Left's behavior over the previous 8 years.

Exactly. If people weren't pissed at that point, we would've had yet another Democrat/Republican (POLITICIAN) in place once again instead of Trump.

Not that I agree with you, but that doesn't invalidate what I argued.

You hope this is true...nothing more.

No, that's an actual fact. The worst the Republicans can do is come out with a 6 seat majority in the Senate. The absolute worst. You're living in a fantasy world, and and the obsession with Trump that is directed 1.) at appeasing the base and 2.) the misguided notion that you're causing political harm to anyone other than yourselves by keeping it going.

Not that I agree with you, but that doesn't invalidate what I argued.

I'm saying that the reason Trump won so much support was because he was just as antagonistic toward Liberals as they had been towards Conservatives for the previous decade. The GOP's strategy prior to Trump was apparently "hopefully we can appease then and they'll quit it" which was never going to happen. Trump came in and gave it back. That's why people liked him. Any other Republican who had just shown spine would have gotten support. They also would have been labeled any of the things that Trump is now being labeled.

No, that's an actual fact. The worst the Republicans can do is come out with a 6 seat majority in the Senate. The absolute worst. You're living in a fantasy world, and and the obsession with Trump that is directed 1.) at appeasing the base and 2.) the misguided notion that you're causing political harm to anyone other than yourselves by keeping it going.

Uhh....right now it's 52-47. That's a 5-seat Majority right now.

Depending on what happens in Florida and Run-off election in Mississippi, the Majority could be decreased(worst case scenario) to as little as a 3-seat advantage.

Pretty tight if that occurs.

That's why I'm rooting for Scott down in Florida to prevail as I do not know what would happen in Mississippi. From what I do know, the run-off will occur on 11/27/2018.

Did you even read the article you linked? It's about Trump winning in 2020. That's the crux of the article. Hence, you hope Trump gets re elected. The article is an opinion piece, not a fact.

Did you even read the article you linked? It's about Trump winning in 2020. That's the crux of the article. Hence, you hope Trump gets re elected. The article is an opinion piece, not a fact.

If you're going to say "You hope that is true" in response to a post in which I made multiple points, don't act like I'm dumb when I don't know which one of my points that empty statement is directed at.

If you're going to say "You hope that is true" in response to a post in which I made multiple points, don't act like I'm dumb when I don't know which one of my points that empty statement is directed at.
Which one of your points? You pointed to an article. If your argument is he had facts within his opinion piece spare me. I took it at face value prior to reading that it wasn't an onion parody.

Which one of your points? You pointed to an article. If your argument is he had facts within his opinion piece spare me. I took it at face value prior to reading that it wasn't an onion parody.

It's like you're not even a party to the conversation that you're a part of....

I'm saying that the reason Trump won so much support was because he was just as antagonistic toward Liberals as they had been towards Conservatives for the previous decade. The GOP's strategy prior to Trump was apparently "hopefully we can appease then and they'll quit it" which was never going to happen. Trump came in and gave it back. That's why people liked him. Any other Republican who had just shown spine would have gotten support. They also would have been labeled any of the things that Trump is now being labeled.
I get that, but the whole reason I brought it up was because @hiphopnazi said "Would the Dems and their hard line supporters still be this indoctrinated into causing havoc (e.g Antifa), if a Republican was president but wasn't Trump?"
I say no, but not because they are inherently biased against him. They are so strongly against him because he's been antagonistic.
You saying that his ascendance is a reaction to left wing actions during the Obama years, while somewhat true, does not invalidate my statement.

Difficult to assert all Trump supports as being antagonizing, which is why I used hard liners on the left. But I can definitely understand where you're coming from with the opposite reaction.

I would also point out, there was significant backlash from the moment he mentioned that he'll run for office. First driven by the MSM and also 'comedy' late night talk shows, which basically became nightly rhetoric. I would agree that the method of which he defends himself adds more fuel to the hardliners on both sides.

Both sides contribute to this shit fest - Media, politicians, Hollywood & supporters.

@King of Fists

This is the link he provided :

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2522

The fuck is this?

A goddamn LIBERAL University? REALLY?? THAT'S HIS "LEGITIMATE" POLL??

AAAAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!! <45><45><45>

I'm sorry, are liberals not allowed to ask conservatives questions? I challenge you to find the errors in their polling methodology (pro-tip: you can't).

You're basically just going with the typical low-IQ right wing reaction of rejecting anything you don't like, because it comes from a source you don't like.

Terrible display of intelligence and discernment on your part, smh

I'm sorry, are liberals not allowed to ask conservatives questions? I challenge you to find the errors in their polling methodology (pro-tip: you can't).

You're basically just going with the typical low-IQ right wing reaction of rejecting anything you don't like, because it comes from a source you don't like.

Terrible display of intelligence and discernment on your part, smh

If there's anything I've learned since 2016, it's that Polls don't mean shit.

And a Poll that's from a Pro-Liberal university(hell...All Universities these days are Pro-Liberal. It's disgusting) is no exception to that.

Only Liberals would take a Pro-Lib Poll and proclaim it "Legitimate".

But....whatever floats your boat and helps you sleep at night, I guess. {<shrug}

Back