What the hell is going on in San Francisco?

I thought it was a high income area, don't they only do this in low income areas? Also, the idea of bait cars sounds kind of fucked up; like borderline entrapment. There's enough crime out there for them to be creating crime.

How dare they leave a locked car with a couple normal items in it.

This is why everyone uses BORT instead
tR5U1MM.gif

Don’t believe all the hype. Yes, there are problems. Homelessness, opiate addiction, out of control real estate prices... these problems are not exclusive to San Francisco.
Uhhhh, it seems pretty “exclusive” when ALL those issues are happening rampantly in one city! Oh, and you left out turd-covered-streets!

Remember..
Your personal items are not covered through your auto insurance.
homeowners or renters does, which typically has a very high deductible.
Don't leave anything of value in your car or at minimum, not in view.

I worked at ca state parks in half moon bay/pescadero/santa Cruz mountains and cleaning broken glass in the parking lots from these robberies was incredibly common.
im surprised by half moon bay and pescadero those places are scenic and nice. santa cruz has always been rough though when I went to the beach there some guy parked next to me had his back window broken and had like 1300 dollsr worth of kiteboarding equipment stolen that doesn't even happen here in long beach,ca at the beach.

SF is in worse shape than L.A most our bums are located DTLA on a few blocks if you live anywhere else in L.A county you can get away from it. in SF it is just everywhere.

nah, it's not really everywhere. it's mainly in the tenderloin, downtown, soma, and parts of the mission. you can avoid it by going to the nicer areas like pacific heights, russian hill, the entire inner and outer richmond, and all of the sunset.

There is this perception in the UK that San Francisco is one of the GREAT cities.

Went there 3 years ago and can safely say it's one of the biggest shitholes I have EVER been too. Never seen so many homeless and drugged up people in my life. Usually in the centre of a city you can avoid seeing people like this. In San Francisco they sit in the shop passages.

The whole city stinks of PISS. Even the buses stink of PISS. It's funny as the whole time we were told to avoid the Tendorloin area as it's a dangerous place to go. Usually these areas you are told to avoid are located far away anyway so you have no reason to go there. Not with Tenderloin. It is located in the centre of this shit city. As a tourist it's very very difficult to avoid accidentally walking through tendaloin which me and my girlfriend did.

Even the great bridge was a disappointment really. Only thing we liked about San Francisco was Pier 59 (I think it was called). Had the sealions and some cool little shops.

On the other hand the Big Sur was one of the best places I have EVER been. Just an incredible drive with incredible views. No one seems to mention the Big Sur?!?

Morro Bay (place with the big rock) was just a bit shit really. Like a really crappy UK beach place. Monterrey was good though has a bit of character to it but the beach is nothing special as you can't even see it as it's so cloudy. Cornwall in England is much better. Kind of liked San Luis Obispo. Nothing much there but imagine it would be a great place to live.

All in all California is one big disappointment and San Francisco is up there with Delhi as the shittest major world city I have been too.

i honestly think you missed lots of areas within san francisco. i mean yeah, the tenderloin is terrible. no doubt about that. but like i said earlier, those areas are avoidable. still lots of nice neighborhoods here.

What? So many great places in San Francisco. Don’t believe all the hype. Yes, there are problems. Homelessness, opiate addiction, out of control real estate prices... these problems are not exclusive to San Francisco.
Go to golden gate park on a Sunday. Hang out in Potrero Hill. Walk along the embarcadero. It’s still one of the great cities in the world. I’m about 22 miles east. Open space, trails, parks... the Bay Area is an amazing place to live.

this guy knows what he's talking about.

nah, it's not really everywhere. it's mainly in the tenderloin, downtown, soma, and parts of the mission. you can avoid it by going to the nicer areas like pacific heights, russian hill, the entire inner and outer richmond, and all of the sunset.
I'm going to take your word for it as a tourist I just got to the terrible areas like the painted ladies in that video.

I'm going to take your word for it as a tourist I just got to the terrible areas like the painted ladies in that video.

well it's weird, because alamo square, the neighborhood where the painted ladies are in, is overall a very nice neighborhood. at least in terms of visual perception. am not talking about breaking into cars. that's terrible. simply talking about the amount of druggies and bums in that area.

You can’t leave anything of value in your car and visible in any city anywhere.
You can’t leave anything of value in your car and visible in any city anywhere.

It depends on cop presence. It doesn’t happen a lot in Manhattan because there are so many foot patrol cops. In 14 years of parking in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, as I’m in sales, I have never had my cars broken into. In a combined 2 years in SF , my car was broken into once, though only change was stolen by I had nothing else. They stole my side mirror once. Had my jacket stolen, and also had a bike stolen. All of this happened in nicer areas. Oakland was so bad my company stopped making us go there...they kept stealing wheels and car batteries. It’s almost like the locals don’t want a cop presence.. you can’t have it both ways, because Riff raft will always take advantage of easy environments.

It depends on cop presence. It doesn’t happen a lot in Manhattan because there are so many foot patrol cops. In 14 years of parking in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, as I’m in sales, I have never had my cars broken into. In a combined 2 years in SF , my car was broken into once, though only change was stolen by I had nothing else. They stole my side mirror once. Had my jacket stolen, and also had a bike stolen. All of this happened in nicer areas. Oakland was so bad my company stopped making us go there...they kept stealing wheels and car batteries. It’s almost like the locals don’t want a cop presence.. you can’t have it both ways, because Riff raft will always take advantage of easy environments.

California tends to be really bad for theft from automobiles. There aren’t many cops walking a beat, if any at all. I actually have never had any problems in Oakland save for seeing a guy pull out a knife on BART. I’ve probably been to Oakland more times than I have been to SF. But I never parked on the street in either city. Always in a parking garage.

Back