What time period of your life do you feel nostalgic for?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whether we admit it or not, we all have that point in time where we wish we could go back to. Could be due to the simplicity of an earlier life, still having certain people around, or just having some choices you regret.

The one time I yearn for is high school. I didn't like it much but man, I would love to have my old group of friends together and chill out over a couple of mystery meat burgers at lunch time once again. Skating back home with friends after a hormone-fueled day at school was always fun as well. I also had my only girlfriend in high school. In retrospect, I hated high school but for some reason, every moment during that time feels like an Instagram filter to me. Rose-tinted glasses, I guess. College is pretty cool though.

What are yours?

Whether we admit it or not, we all have that point in time where we wish we could go back to.

Uhmmm no dude, I dont live like that and Im sure plenty of people dont either. If you do live like that thats very fine but dont generalize

I have enjoyed many parts of my life but do I want to go back? no not really Im more into my present and make every moment of my present be enjoyable. Are there very enjoyable moments in my past? yeah sure plenty.... but no I dont catch myself thinking "uhh I wish I could go back to..." ahhh no, I dont do that, things are just what they are, I only have control of my present so I will make my present enjoyable, I think thats a healthy way of living. Cheers

Last edited:
90's. The music was good, the tv shows were good, the kardasians didn't exist, high school years, good times.

I only wish I could recapture the magic of playing football. Don't really want to relive everything else that came with that time in my life. It was fine, but really I just miss the freedom amd excitement of playing the game in an actual organized 11 on 11.

Whether we admit it or not, we all have that point in time where we wish we could go back to. Could be due to the simplicity of an earlier life, still having certain people around, or just having some choices you regret.

The one time I yearn for is high school. I didn't like it much but man, I would love to have my old group of friends together and chill out over a couple of mystery meat burgers at lunch time once again. Skating back home with friends after a hormone-fueled day at school was always fun as well. I also had my only girlfriend in high school. In retrospect, I hated high school but for some reason, every moment during that time feels like an Instagram filter to me. Rose-tinted glasses, I guess. College is pretty cool though.

What are yours?

Mostly 1992 to 2002. Lots of moments I would love to relive during those years.

Nostalgic? The mid 80's.

To live over knowing what I know? High School 86 to 90.

I'd either do carpentry or masonry in VoTech, then immediately apply for the fire department. I'd be getting ready to retire instead of having another 10 to 15 to go. And my side hustle would be stronk.

It's a toss up to join the Corps again. Only if I could guarantee a firefighting MoS instead of a TOW gunner.

If I could do 2003 to 2006 over again, I would. I would study way harder in high school.

80's had the best movies, music and video games.

732223150_755404.gif

Of course the 90's, especially since that era almost entirely overlapped with my 20's. Winning!

I would say 2000 to 2004, my high school years. I wish I would have studied harder and tried to improve my social skills. Looking back , it kills me how many opportunities I missed. I had people offer their friendship but I blew them off because I was a dick. I'll always regret not forming close friendships that most people experience at that time in their lives. I did well academically when I tried but I never sustained the effort.I barely graduated high school.

Last edited:
1998-2002/2003 was a badass time in my life.

The '80's were great as well, but I was much younger. Great nostalgia, however.

I dont really want to go back but i wish i could entertain myself all day with legos, micro machines, and g.i. joes again. Would be dope now because i could buy whatever i want

I only wish I could recapture the magic of playing football. Don't really want to relive everything else that came with that time in my life. It was fine, but really I just miss the freedom amd excitement of playing the game in an actual organized 11 on 11.

I'd be down for something like this. I was in a cover band with a group of friends in college. We played campus events, some battle of the bands and other things like that. In hindsight we weren't that great but we all loved music so it was fun coming up with the setlists/theatrics, hanging out and practicing, playing songs and seeing people enjoy what we did.

I'm nostalgic from around 2004-2010, when I was just a kid. I had no worries or cares in the world. After school, I could play with my friends, or watch TV, and everything was so fun and exciting.

Back