What time period of your life do you feel nostalgic for?

Wouldn't want to " go back " , at least not permanently because because I like my life now. BUT , my late 20s were pretty sweet , supremely conditioned physically and all the pussy I could stand.

Maybe a weekend furlough would be nice!

Shit, I feel nostalgic for a lot of times - the 80s when GI Joe, Voltron and Transformers were on TV, the early to kid 90s when I was a kid and teenager, the early 2000s when I could drink and smoke all the weed I wanted and wake up the next day just fine, late 2000s when my wife and I first started dating. Pretty much any time before today.

Before social media made us all depressed and addicted to our phones

The best times in my life I recall as being between the ages of 15 and 25. At 15 I was old enough to do a lot of the things I wanted to do and not so much what others wanted me to do. At 25 I got married and my life basically ended. I didn't like school all that much but it was better than working 9 hours a day year around. It was also in a great era for music and the economy.

I suspect many people view their transition to adulthood with similar nostalgia.

Would I want to go back to that time? No, because I know what comes after it.

Pre-high school.

When responsibilities were minimal and fun was the priority.

Travelling the world as a single 22-24 year old.

14 years old, 1999, going out of town to build houses with my uncles that Summer, I went from being a boy to a man through rugged physical labor in the Texas heat, plus just being around them and being away from my parents it was definitely like a coming of age deal, I remember going back to school that fall with a killer tan and a chip on my shoulder not putting up with shit from nobody, plus my uncles hired a crackwhore to suck my dick in the motel. Good times. I love seeing movies or hearing music from that time, even shitty stuff like Living La Vida Loca and Wild Wild West brings back the feels.

70s!

Best Music.

Coolest Movies

Roller skating.

Hairy Pussies!

Late 80's- mid 90's were great swimming pools, skateboarding, video games... No worries. Funny I didn't really realize that at the time though. Things always look better in the rear view mirror.

I'd be down for something like this. I was in a cover band with a group of friends in college. We played campus events, some battle of the bands and other things like that. In hindsight we weren't that great but we all loved music so it was fun coming up with the setlists/theatrics, hanging out and practicing, playing songs and seeing people enjoy what we did.

I feel you man.

There was something exciting and gratifying it. It felt like the most important thing in the world when you were out there in the middle of it.

Funny thing is we were terrible, like the conference punching bag bad, but damn what I wouldn't give for a week of practice and a Friday night game.

14-15 yrs old, smoking weed, riding skateboards, discovering women...not a care in the world..

lance-stephenson-blows-on-a-nintendo-cartridge.jpg

80s

But I feel some nostalgia to a time before I was born. It seems like the 50s and 60s were a pretty cool time.

But the 80s had everything. Good music, home movies (VHS), answering machines in case you missed a call, cable TV/satellite even, good video games with Nintendo and Sega . . . We honestly didn't need more. Back then we felt we had everything. Overaccessability and the internet gave us too much, stole innocence, clogged our brains, made us 24/7 multitaskers with slow hard-drive some. I mean, I like a lot of it, but the 80's had enough.

Want to bang Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Back