What to do when someone is knocked out?

danny_171

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I saw a similar thread in the grappling thread, that one refering to someone who was chocked out. I've been wondering, what should you do if someone is knocked out cold? I'd like to have some idea in case it ever happened, but don't know where to look. I'm hoping some former EMT's could answer, or something like that. I used the search function, and it turned up nothing. So, what should you do if someone is knocked out?

id guess if they aint wakin up within 15 or 20 seconds turn em on their side so they dont choke on their tongue and call an ambulance.

Urinate in their hair.

throw 2 or 3 additional punches to da head before the ref stop the fight

Emediately put out the mouthpiece, raise their feet a little (put a towel under it), do a chin-lift and a hyper-extension of the neck (put your hand on the forehead and press back the head gently) this way he can't choke on his tongue, and check for other vital functions (hear and feel if he still breaths), if he still breaths, he should slowly come back to conciousness within short time (+- 15 sec), if so keep him calm and let him lay there in that position for a while untill he is fully recovered to get up, if he does not regain conciousness after those 15 secs, you will have to inform an ambulance, keep paying attention that the victim is not able to chocke in his own tongue by holding the hyper-extension or if you have to leave the victim alone for any reason, you put him on his side, so he can't choke in his own tongue, or choke because he s throwing up.
A cold compress on the forehead is a good extra measure as well, to get him regain conciousness faster and to ease the headache.

Pull down their underwear and insert one unlubricated finger into their anus.If they don't react you have a problem.Or an opportunity.

sit them up and wave some air in there face give them some pops on the face a bit try and sanp them out of it

Basu Rutten said:
Emediately put out the mouthpiece, raise their feet a little (put a towel under it), do a chin-lift and a hyper-extension of the neck (put your hand on the forehead and press back the head gently) this way he can't choke on his tongue, and check for other vital functions (hear and feel if he still breaths), if he still breaths, he should slowly come back to conciousness within short time (+- 15 sec), if so keep him calm and let him lay there in that position for a while untill he is fully recovered to get up, if he does not regain conciousness after those 15 secs, you will have to inform an ambulance, keep paying attention that the victim is not able to chocke in his own tongue by holding the hyper-extension or if you have to leave the victim alone for any reason, you put him on his side, so he can't choke in his own tongue, or choke because he s throwing up.
A cold compress on the forehead is a good extra measure as well, to get him regain conciousness faster and to ease the headache.

Good post. I did something similar to your post. Not too long ago 2. I just got him leading on a wall and slowily trying to wake him up. However when he got conciousness he got up 2 fast and throw up all over my shoe, i want to knock him out again( after helping him out he throw up on my shoe, what a dick) lol. but it was all good lol........... The morale of this story never help a helpless person again just and watch let someone else do it. Unless you want someone throwing up on ur shoe lol.

Tone C said:
More fun in their ears.:icon_twis

even more fun, in their nose and eyes..... seriously though, put them on their belly, put their hands under their face and make them look like their taking a nap (might keep people from messing around with them)

Draw some penises on their face. When they wake up they won't know what him em!

Depends if you like them or not.

Personally I'd go for the head stomp, or if i didn't like them, roll them up in a carpet & bury them in cement.

Back