What was Tank's training regimen and diet/supplement secrets?

I was his sparring and grappling partner for Mir comeback fight....

boxing at boxing gym, or wrestling/jitsu at college....maybe 3 or 4 days per week.

Vodka and Cranberry. The Ultimate Tank Special is interesting....half way through...those waters Tank musta been drinking were kicked in. I am sitting behind them next to Tanks Dad

Gimme a fucking break. No one benchpresses 600lbs without "divine intervention".
Sometimes I wonder if this forum is filled with special need kids.
on the contrary
My wifes personal trainer Brad
"Claims" to have a over 600 pound bench press
He does this at a body weight of 190 pound with a physique that resembles kevin sorbo with the ab's of a young burt lancaster

Brad tells me,
although i scarcely listen due to indifference and conflicts regarding his training methods of my wife and his midnight growth hormone release sessions he has been putting her through(supposedly growth hormone releases increase around midnight, so brad trains my wife in private after hours sessions at his condo for extra money....

although brad says working out longer than 45 minutes creates a catabolic state, my wife rarely return before morning....typical brad being ineffective as usual:rolleyes:)

Anyways brad tells me that his bench is performed "raw" as he calls it.....which in laymens terms means hr bench presses without a shirt on

Now im unsure of what particular type of shirt non- raw benchers wear.....v neck, polo, sweater, flannel ,cardigan, sleeveless,
pocket...no pocket?....I dont know
But aparently wearing a Tee shirt (or any shirt for that matter i assume) while bench pressing
Greatly increases your pressing abilities

Shirt or no shirt
I know he's doing it solely for the ego stroke
(what else is new brad!:mad:)
Brad is so interested in impressing gym attendees and his clients like my wife with his boorish lumpen abilities(im paying you to train my wife helena foldger, not entertain your jagaloon gym buddies!) that he refuses to lift with a "benching" shirt

Last edited:
Wasn't the general consensus that that video of him benching 600 was faked?

He trained more than people may think. Al Stanky trained his boxing for a period. He trained with Sonnen when when Chael was just getting into MMA, the name of the gym I can't remember * wasn't Quest)..
Apparently Tank was max out type trainee.

Also took a few private lessons with Rickson and Alan Goes.
Was very respectful to Rickson.
Ended up in a fight with Goes in the stands, when Goes made fun of him.

Gimme a fucking break. No one benchpresses 600lbs without "divine intervention".
Sometimes I wonder if this forum is filled with special need kids.
not even close to true, plenty of people bench more then that naturally. The world record for bench press in drug tested orgs is 1075lbs, another record in drug testing orgs is 634lbs by a 164lb man

Also took a few private lessons with Rickson and Alan Goes.
Was very respectful to Rickson.
Ended up in a fight with Goes in the stands, when Goes made fun of him.

What... are...you...talkin... about...

Allan wasnt making fun of him. It was actually the opposite!

It happened at UFC8, Puerto Rico. Joe Moreira, Allan´s partner, had just battled Varelans and lost, and Tank was making fun of him.

At cageside, Allan saw it, towered him, Tank kept silent, stood up, went to the other side of the cage, called his crew, came back, threw a punch at Allan, missed, Allan took him down, but then Tank´s crew began to pound on him.

When they were separated, Kimo appeared and said to Allan that he could count on him.

The next day, Kimo,Allan and Joe would meet Tank and his crew once again in town, but this is another long story.

Besides, this episode joined Kimo with Allan, and he began to train BJJ with them (Allan & Joe), which became a mini-scandal in the BJJ community, since Kimo had just battled Royce...

Last edited:
1. "Tank Abbott was clean as far as steroids go.. " Are you retarded TS? Seriously, are you?

2. There is absolutely no evidence of him actually benching 600 other than that shitty fake wrestling video with a toothpick as a spotter. Tank was ridiculously strong, but I bet my balls there were some fake weights on thar bar..

not even close to true, plenty of people bench more then that naturally. The world record for bench press in drug tested orgs is 1075lbs, another record in drug testing orgs is 634lbs by a 164lb man
Thats with a bench shirt. If u think a human being can naturally bench press over 1000 lbs u are tripping. The raw bench record is in the 700's.

beermug.jpg

There is a massive difference between equipped and classic benchpress. IPF (the only legit powerlifting org.) equipped World record bench is 410 kg. Unequipped record is 275 kg (about 600 pounds). It's an enormous difference.

Only super heavyweights with ridiculous genetics bench anything close to 600 raw and drug tested.

he was on camera running like 2 blocks before the kimbo fight...it's something

Beeroids and whenever he had the opportunity he would enjoy some whore moans

Not sure, but I know Roy Nelson eventually stole his regimen.

That's a common Sherdog myth. Tank looked like Nelson in his later years, after he came back from pro wrestling. But the guy was crazy strong circa 1996, while Roy has always been pretty weak outside of his punching power (Werdum said this after fighting him). Of course Nelson has better sub-defense and more modern MMA skills.

Tank once held up a 240-pound guy and made a halfway serious attempt at tossing him out of the cage. As for his training and background, I'm pretty sure it was a bit of juco wrestling, some boxing, lifting and a bit of sub-defense. Of course training and conditioning in those days was nothing like it is now. Also, Tank's semi-serious training stopped after he destroyed Hugo Duarte. After that, he joked about "coming to fight right off the barstool" and never looked the same.

he has retard strength as he is more dimwitted than the village idiot chief.

He was actually one of the wittiest fighters of his time if you actually listened to him.

Back