What was the Sherdog consensus about Diaz vs Silva (Pre-fight)?

Isaiah095

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I took a brief hiatus from watching MMA around that time period & never read any threads about this fight. It made little sense from a rankings perspective and probably hadn't been thought of as a hypothetical fight by many of us so I'm curious as to who y'all thought would win?

anderson-silva-nick-diaz-605031.jpg

Terribly boring fight, where the main highlight of the fight was Diaz laying on the mat.

Diaz the most overrated fighter ever, fought GSP and Spider and got outclassed badly by both, on the feet and on the ground, the funniest part about it is that the pothead actually thought he won against Spider lol lost all rounds to both, probably the guy who got the most praise while losing fights, just ridiculous.

This fight was shockingly unpopular. I think mostly due to the fact on paper these guys don't match up well. The fight ended up proving it. Neither of these guys are risk takers likes Georges.

Outsanding sparring contest where Silva won basically every second.

As a fight ... it left a lot to be desired.

A fight where none wanted to lead but wanted others to initiate so they can counter

boring....neither guy really took it to the other it was like a light sparring session. silva is past it and diaz doesnt give a shit about actually competing anymore....he does it for the check

Diaz mocking Silva for not engaging, while not engaging.

Diaz the most overrated fighter ever, fought GSP and Spider and got outclassed badly by both, on the feet and on the ground, the funniest part about it is that the pothead actually thought he won against Spider lol lost all rounds to both, probably the guy who got the most praise while losing fights, just ridiculous.
He talks mad shit and likes to punch people. It's what the fans want. That's a lot of why people are in love with Conor

I liked the fight, but then again ive liked Ryan Halls fights

Agree somewhat, but then again his last in his last three fights condit straight up ran from him, silva didn't really do much and gsp refused to stand with him. Now why do you think that is? There's a reason

Diaz won that fight

Agree somewhat, but then again his last in his last three fights condit straight up ran from him, silva didn't really do much and gsp refused to stand with him. Now why do you think that is? There's a reason

.9 lbs

Rewatch those fights sober

Back