What was the Sherdog consensus about Diaz vs Silva (Pre-fight)?

Silva wins handily for me it was

Im Nick Fan. he did surprise me

Nick had no fear

Ridiculous fight where Diaz laid on the mat and people act like he was the bravest motherfucker to ever walked on planet earth.
He Backed to the cage and offered the much bigger anderson in and where he is strongest clinch

Before the fight I thought Anderson was going to murder Nick. After the clowning in round 1 I was really expecting Anderson to turn it up

Guess he was still scared from the leg break though because even though he won that fight was a drag for rounds 2-5.

Anderson just casually beat Nick up without ever getting out of second gear

Diaz mocking Silva for not engaging, while not engaging.

lol anderson fan you must be. Anderson a weight class above and superior striker all around didnt do shit.

Nick didn't win a round. Actually Nick didn't even almost win a round.

Anderson didn't come out and Forest Griffin him or anything but he won the fight with ease
I'll have to re watch but I didn't give ando all 5

I'll have to re watch but I didn't give ando all 5

He outlanded him in every round and landed the bigger shots. Nick threw more but missed a lot more. I think the official scores were 50-45, 50-45 and 50-45

Been a while since I watched it too (not a great fight after the amazing first) and Nick didn't get killed or anything but I remember Anderson coasting and looking hesitant and still picking Nick apart

lol anderson fan you must be. Anderson a weight class above and superior striker all around didnt do shit.
I'm an MMA fan above all. Silva is a counter striker and Diaz is a pressure fighter. Diaz certainly wasn't a pressure fighter that night. FYI, I'm also a Diaz fan. Now what, idiot?

You have Nick Diaz in your sig. Sounds like you are the one who has a hard-on for the guy. Just because I can appreciate what it takes to get to the UFC, much less have a decent career in such, does not make me a ball-licker. You can be fair about assessing things without getting so emotional about it.

The only thing I took issue with is a fucking lummox on an Internet forum calling a professional fighter, who just so happens to compete at the pinnacle of the sport, a poseur and a coward.

Nick's "decent career" in the UFC is a 0.500 fighter. He's lost to middling LWs. He's never beat a legit ranked WW. After flaming out his first time through the UFC he went to the C League and Dana brought him back with his ridiculously inflated record and tried to con everyone that Nick was a contender.

He wasn't, he isn't, and he was so scared of Silva that he didn't even attempt to win that fight. He signed a contract knowing who Silva was, but then didn't hold up his end of the contract.

This was after he basically gave up in the GSP fight.

Pussy, coward, poseur, quitter.

Still you worship him. How Nick's Peepee taste?

Diaz the most overrated fighter ever, fought GSP and Spider and got outclassed badly by both, on the feet and on the ground, the funniest part about it is that the pothead actually thought he won against Spider lol lost all rounds to both, probably the guy who got the most praise while losing fights, just ridiculous.
Someone who actually can understand what went on in 10 combined rounds where Diaz won, possibly, two thirds of one round, total. This is shocking.

Nick's "decent career" in the UFC is a 0.500 fighter. He's lost to middling LWs. He's never beat a legit ranked WW. After flaming out his first time through the UFC he went to the C League and Dana brought him back with his ridiculously inflated record and tried to con everyone that Nick was a contender.

He wasn't, he isn't, and he was so scared of Silva that he didn't even attempt to win that fight. He signed a contract knowing who Silva was, but then didn't hold up his end of the contract.

This was after he basically gave up in the GSP fight.

Pussy, coward, poseur, quitter.

Still you worship him. How Nick's Peepee taste?
Two people who have comprehension skills, in the same thread. Amazing. All of the above=true.

Agree somewhat, but then again his last in his last three fights condit straight up ran from him, silva didn't really do much and gsp refused to stand with him. Now why do you think that is? There's a reason
More then half the GSP fight was on the feet you idiot

Nick is absolutely one of the most over rated fighters ever.
Never deserved to fight GSP or Silva.
He made a name for himself early on with his attitude and beating 155ers.
Has to be one of the UFCs biggest disappointments.

More then half the GSP fight was on the feet you idiot
Lol calm down. Yeah it was with gsp back peddling and jabbing anytime nick got anywhere close. Point is that all 3 really didn't want to be anywhere near nick

Back