What was your reaction to the first mainstream MMA movie

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didnt think it was bad.

They were able to get Cam Gigandet when the OC was pretty popular

~Not impressed by its per-for-mance.~

Warrior had Bryan The Kid Callen in it, therefore automatic 10/10.

tenor.gif

It's an entertaining Karate Kid ripoff that benefits from

a.) sticking to the tried and true formula
b.) having an awesome performance from the man Djimon Honsou who typically elevates any film he's involved with. Dude lent some legitimacy and a commitment to the performance.

So yeah. Overall it's fun though dumb and contrived.

The part that always got me is that Gigandet and the protagonist earn each other's respect in their fight, leading to the mutual head nod of hespect at the end of the film. I tend to laugh at this because the guy beat the protagonist's best friend to the point of hospitalization, but all is forgiven and forgotten because they went to war on the mat (and in the parking lot) I guess.

MMA movies always end up being trash.All fake fight scenes in any movie always suck I think.

I thought it looked terrible.

Fights were terrible and unrealistic. Felt cheap and fake like plastic tits on a $5 ho.

Brought me flashbacks of Dragon Ball Evolution...

Funny to think the main character trained MMA for what, 3 months? And he was able to beat the main badguy. Dude would have still been a mid level white belt at best, his striking about the same. Just weird watching a movie with underground fighting highschool kids, knowing that CM Punk would beat them both in reality. Maybe I am wrong since it has been forever since I have seen it.

Back