What Will Bellator 198 Fedor vs Mir's Ratings Be?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Chael vs Rampage averaged 770k viewers on paramount but it was going up against the ufc 220 prelims/ppv.

however I think Rampage and Chael are bigger draws than Fedor and Mir.

My guess would be the event averages around 800k on paramount. Bellator has also lost some interest since then so I wouldnt be surprised if this event did less than 700k.

Last edited:
All good estimates in the thread. I’ll say 700k

not long ago I think 700-800k would have been a major disappointment but given the ratings they are doing today that would be a win.

Really cant tell what it will do, part of me thinks thats big enough casual fight with Fedor the legend and Mir being UFC guy who did good ratings on cable that it does 800k or more.

Can also see this flopping and doing like under 600k and it being a total shock of WTF happened to Bellator.

One thing is even if it does really good, say it kills it and does 800k to 1 mill and peaks 1.5 or something whats the next show gonna do and the one after? Bader/Mo and tape delayed Mousasi/Carvalho?

Back to 400k's.

Three Fiddy

...i won't be lower than their last #
...thats for sure

Love them both. But they don't have the casual appeal that Chael and 'Page do.

I'll say 700K, hopefully higher.

I say the card peaks at 700k, during the mir-fedor fight. Other than that, I don't see many casuals tuning in to see Emannuel Sanchez, Rafael Lovato Jr., etc. I say that the average is closer to 500-600k. Sadly, Bellator sucks at current day promotion. I have not seen a whole lot, outside of watching other Bellator events.

PPV worthy main event on free TV should do better ratings than it probably will.

Isn't there rumors that it will be broadcast on CMT as well?

I will go with:
Paramount: 500K
CMT: 200K

I have CMT apparently, but it's low bitrate low res 4x3 rather than Spike TV HD.

Can't believe how generous people are being. Neither of them are draws.

Tree Fiddy.

They're both way over the hill, and Fedor has never been a draw in the US no matter how much Sherdog want's to make believe he is.

Chael vs Rampage averaged 770k viewers on paramount but it was going up against the ufc 220 prelims/ppv.

however I think Rampage and Chael are bigger draws than Fedor and Mir.

My guess would be the event averages around 800k on paramount. Bellator has also lost some interest since then so I wouldnt be surprised if this event did less than 700k.
400k/

I think it will fall in that 750K to 800K avg. and peak at right around 1.0 to 1.2.

I have to believe behind the scenes they are expecting north of 700K over an avg. and over 1.0 as a peak. Honestly, with what is probably invested in both these guys they maybe be thinking north of 1.5 as a peak.

I will say its a pretty weak card outside of the main event for avg. joe fan. For hardcore fans its a solid card with some intrigue. I think this card will really show what kind of draw Frank Mir and Fedor are in 2018. I'm not sure you can give Fedor a bigger match up then this.

P.S.: I believe this is also going to be broadcast on CMT. It is almost like they are trying to tank the rating on Paramount or trying to combine both ratings in hopes of showing a better numbers overall.

Last edited:
Back