What would be the fate of North American Indians/Natives/Aboriginals if.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
I can refine it for you, since you can't engage unless it's given to you on a silver platter.

Where would natives be today if Europeans didn't conquer them?

Today? probably around the bronze age, give them a few more thousand years. Not only was America the last continent to be populated, it was also a continent that was completely cut-off from the rest of the world.

That being said the major diseases wiping off the entire population was going to happen, through war or trade.

I think another advanced civilization would have found them and wiped them out in more or less the same way. Their lack of immunity to diseases would do most of work. We'd end up with a Chinese colony or something like that.

The Aliens wouldn't have been afraid of what we had become and would have come back to take us with them to a new planet and enlightenment like they promised ...

I think another advanced civilization would have found them and wiped them out in more or less the same way. Their lack of immunity to diseases would do most of work. We'd end up with a Chinese colony or something like that.

I'm not denying the possibility, but Chinese I don't think there are notable cases of genocide in Chinese imperialism unless you want to count the genocide the governments have done to their ethnic kinsmen.

I can refine it for you, since you can't engage unless it's given to you on a silver platter.

Where would natives be today if Europeans didn't conquer them?
Well im pretty confident they would be better off obviously but are you saying that Europeans never arrive at all ?

in the interest of clarity in Canada we never really conquered our first nations but disease still wiped them out

Bro, nobody thinks that.......All Societies back then were fucked up and killed eachother, including Amerindians.

The Amerindians had a great civilization, wtf are you talking about? Even the Spaniards were impressed by the Aztec's engineering.

Would they had advanced and been as powerful as Europe/Asia...Yes.

Keep in mind, it was much easier for Europeans to advance because they had much more ideas to steal from, including from Asia....The old world simply had more people thus more possibilities to improve....In europe for example, they could see some technological break through in the middle east, thus they would build upon it.

Europeans build a lot of their ideas from the middle eastern people.

Amerindians, only had themselves......They didn't have all these other continents with ideas to steal from like Europe.

I say the Amerindians would of become much more advance than Europe, all by themselves.

wait back then? you been to the 3rd world or 2nd world or seen it on a map?

Bro, nobody thinks that.......All Societies back then were fucked up and killed eachother, including Amerindians.

The Amerindians had a great civilization, wtf are you talking about? Even the Spaniards were impressed by the Aztec's engineering.

Keep in mind, it was much easier for Europeans to advance because they had much more ideas to steal from, including from Asia....The old world simply had more people thus more possibilities to improve....In europe for example, they could see some technological break through in the middle east, thus they would build upon it.

Amerindians, only had themselves......They didn't have all these other continents with ideas to steal from like Europe.

I say the Amerindians would of become much more advance than Europe, all by themselves.

The Aztec were almost gone by the time the Spainards got there. Massive starvation and disease across their civilization

1- Why do you think North American Indians wouldn't have evolved too?

2- And even though the buffalo thing was a joke, elephants weren't that great in war. They were just as likely to do damage to their own side and very limited geographically. They looked cool as shit, but they didn't win wars.

1- To sum it up because they (and other cultures) shaped theyr culture as a cycle rather than an evolution.
The biggest reason of this is theyr approach with the habitat, "cycle" type of cultures tend to adapt themselves to the place... and as nature does'nt change, they don't need to
Make a jump of 500 years and you will find them having similar lifestyle before and after

In NA natives case is even more "strange" as usually these type of cultures have the "excuse" to live in extreme harsh conditions be it climate, habitat, water etc
While NA have areas with great europe-like climate, food resources and water... the habitat did'nt hold back them much, it has been cultural

Cultures more on the "evolution" type instead to adapt themselves to nature, adapt nature to themselves, wich is the essential push for urbanization, specially when the the number of habitants start to impose the need of organized big resources rather than what nature offer by default

In comparision watch Aztecs shaping theyr world with cities, large buildings, fortifications, roads, advanced agricolture, water gardens/floating islands, they even got a begin of livestocks.
Theyr militar industry was primitive, but still started to develop ideas parallel to old continent and they was mostly hold back by the lack of metallurgy

They was more primitive than Rome centuries after the fall of roman empire, but still you can see there the signs of evolution push

Probably if they was'nt wiped out by spaniards (by steel or disease) and even more if managed to deal an alliance becoming a true Spain's vassal in the new continent they could have grown very powerful with the bunch of new stuff... theyr society was already set on evolution, new stuff will have gave them an huge push

In comparision see north american natives that after a less apocalyptic first clash, just what they liked taking rifles and horses but that's it
The contact with europeans did'nt caused much evolution in them because theyr culture was a cycle type

2- Well war elephants had theyr rise and fall like most militar units through history.
The west (romans) developed tricks to easy deal with them, like opening "corridor" in the formation or turn them crazy on theyr own army with tricks (the pig-on-fire LOL), but overall they got theyr arc
And they havev been involved 3 continents, not so limited geographically after all

Last edited:
Electricity is the main turning point for a civilization. If you would have never discovered electricity then you simply wouldn't have made it very far technologically.

Would Native Americans have discovered electricity on their own? I highly doubt it.

Bigfoot would have eaten them

Once muskets came to North America, Sasquatch went into hiding.

Electricity is the main turning point for a civilization. If you would have never discovered electricity then you simply wouldn't have made it very far technologically.

Would Native Americans have discovered electricity on their own? I highly doubt it.
I think I read somewhere that the Mayans were experimenting with static electricity. I'm sure they were way behind their European counterparts though.

Interesting b cause we have mostly undisturbed tribes and they’re fucking awful

Lol of course. Mean Europeans stealing everything everywhere, while everyone else had original ideas.

Without Europeans they would still be hunter-gatherers from the mesolithic times, or would have been wiped out by Asians I assume.

They weren't like europe....They didn't have the middle east or East Asia to steal ideas/technology from.

Yet the Amerindians were very much advanced mathematically and engineering wise. .....not sure if the same could be said about Europe if they didn't take ideas from the middle east.

Lol fuckin troll.

The main turning point of civilization, after agriculture of course, is a writing system.

Without a way to reliably pass the technological and scientific advancements of a previous generation there cant be such a thing as major advances.

Yep, that's my reckoning as well. The Aztecs were running out of resources and they had no problem expanding out at other people's expense. I think they would have moved up and settled North America. I'm curious if that would have stopped their human sacrifices since it's theorized they resorted to that out of desperation since their agricultural land was diminishing to a point they couldn't sustain their population. An Aztec nation not centered around war and sacrifices would be an interesting place to see develop. I do think the Europeans could have settled in North America without the genocide, the active role of removing Native American land, population, and culture is what the crime was. Though France was always cool about respecting culture and the English eventually came around, it was America and Manifest Destiny that really went after them with genocide.

True. The Natives lived in peace with the French. Except for the traitor Mohawks who fought alongside the English against the French and almost all allied tribes.

Dumb asses chose the wrong white man.

But nowadays you have tribes that the French literally saved from the Mohawks imagine some notion of Native solidarity against the White man, without even knowing that they are turning against the people who helped them and trying to unite with the people who fucked their ancestors.

Idiots.

Lol of course. Mean Europeans stealing everything everywhere, while everyone else had original ideas.

Without Europeans they would still be hunter-gatherers from the mesolithic times, or would have been wiped out by Asians I assume.

Amerindians had way better farming techniques and better farming than Europeans.

They genetically altered corn and potatoes to have certain properties.

Europeans couldn't even survive in Americas without the Amerindians knowledge, LMFAO.

Interesting b cause we have mostly undisturbed tribes and they’re fucking awful

LMFAO.....So because a handful of Tribes still exist and aren't doing well...This means a population of 50-100 million Amerindians would be awful? LMFAO.

LMFAO.....So because a handful of Tribes still exist and aren't doing well...This means a population of 50-100 million Amerindians would be awful? LMFAO.

Same basic culture. Same technical advancement. Sorry. Part Cherokee myself. Just being honest. THey didn’t have the wheel yet.

Back