What would be the fate of North American Indians/Natives/Aboriginals if.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Same basic culture. Same technical advancement. Sorry. Part Cherokee myself. Just being honest. THey didn’t have the wheel yet.

They had it, they just didnt had beasts of burden to justify the invention of carts.

And again, the wheel is a middle eastern invention (Mesopotamia) which made its way west into Europe.

They had it, they just didnt had beasts of burden to justify its invention.

And again, the wheel is a middle eastern invention (Mesopotamia) which made its way west into Europe.
Well somebody watched guns germs and steel
There were no bison around huh

Last edited:
It's hard to know if you are talking about complete isolation from the outside world. But it's never been that way for other civilizations. If you look at history throughout time, technology and culture has been passed down and around Asia and into Europe and back countless times.

Maybe look at those nomadic tribes in Africa or South America to come to a reasonable conclusion.

But I would like to see your history book OP. It seems like you are exaggerating it a bit.

Maybe your textbooks are different in Canada but in my Textbooks they mention Europeans coming over and taking over land. Bringing African slavery to the United States and conflicts with the Indians.

The closest they ever mentioned to genocide was with the smallpox blankets. Genocide was rarely mentioned in my textbooks throughout high school or college. The term genocide was usually reserved for the Holocaust.

Last edited:
It's hard to know if you are talking about complete isolation from the outside world. But it's never been that way for other civilizations. If you look at history throughout time, technology and culture has been passed down and around Asia and into Europe and back countless times.

Maybe look at those nomadic tribes in Africa or South America to come to a reasonable conclusion.
Oh no now you’re racist. Hang in there they’re about to repeat your point to you without realizing it and call you a bigot

I don't know about that, the Ojibwe had a knack for eating fallen warriors on the other side, when not dancing around with their scalps. I'm not as familiar with war in the rest of North America, but I don't think they were particularly more peaceful in war than anywhere else in the world. I could be wrong though. Even European war used to involve a lot less casualties with the way they waged it, the 19th-20 centuries really increased the body counts.

I'm not saying they were more peaceful but rather their wars typically had very few casualties. Some nations did constantly war with others and they often did some fucked up shit to their captives. However it usually was not on the scale of the total war type shit Europeans did.

To be clear I'm not making any moral judgement about either group of people. When introduced to the Euro style of waging war, many native nations readily adopted it to destroy their enemies in brutal fashion.

I'm not saying they were more peaceful but rather their wars typically had very few casualties. Some nations did constantly war with others and they often did some fucked up shit to their captives. However it usually was not on the scale of the total war type shit Europeans did.

To be clear I'm not making any moral judgement about either group of people. When introduced to the Euro style of waging war, many native nations readily adopted it to destroy their enemies in brutal fashion.

But in the scenario where North American aboriginals developed advanced civilizations, that also comes with the ability (and inevitability) to engage in conflicts on a much larger scale.

I highly doubt that all the various tribes would willingly become subservient to a single authoritative tribe without conflict.

If a single tribe advanced and the others didn't, then they could steamroll the others and the others wouldn't have much a choice in the matter, but if multiple tribes advanced then they would butt up against each other in power struggle.

Based on what documentation? Where did they keep the rolls? I guess you’re going off of because maybe Kinda Sorta someone said so way way way after it actually happened?

I just know in my heart that the ancient chinese discovered the New World first, but did not exploit. Just look on a map. There is a chain of island in the north Pacific going from taiwan, ryukyu islands, through Japan, and to the Aleutian Islands, and from there the mainland. The chinese had awesome ships to make that voyage.

The Vikings beat them by several centuries.

If they had resistance to disease the entire world stage would be different. They would've gotten gunpowder eventually and if that happened I believe there was no way colonization happened.

Crazy to think their cultural emphasis on hygiene could have been the thing that did them in. If only they had an aversion to soap and water like most of Europe.

They weren't like europe....They didn't have the middle east or East Asia to steal ideas/technology from.

Yet the Amerindians were very much advanced mathematically and engineering wise. .....not sure if the same could be said about Europe if they didn't take ideas from the middle east.

It seems like you're suggesting that the spread of human knowledge is somehow theft. Can you clarify because it comes across as ridiculous.

Look Something like Africa I'd bet pointy sticks and mud huts

They had it, they just didnt had beasts of burden to justify the invention of carts.

Found in toys if memory serves. Bison were spread all over North America.

jav1.jpg

Incas had metal tip Spears already.
Also bronze knives.

https://year8incas.wikispaces.com/The+Incan+Army

c4f8f3474793a0d4112654a110d86ef1.jpg

Inca Bronze and copper axe.

So metal work was already in progress in the Americans.

The vikings werent that much more advanced though.

At least the ones that made landfall.

I think they were. The Vikings had a lot of advanced weaponry. Most people think they just had axes and shields but they were using imported Damascus steel from the east to make excellent swords. They also had crossbows I think and other shit. If they had landed with the purpose of colonization they probably could have got er done

Found in toys if memory serves. Bison were spread all over North America.

Indeed, Bison however were not natural in the area where the major American civilizations thrived.

I dont think its a coincidence that large cattle domestication and the wheel were invented in the same place.

I think they were. The Vikings had a lot of advanced weaponry. Most people think they just had axes and shields but they were using imported Damascus steel from the east to make excellent swords. They also had crossbows I think and other shit. If they had landed with the purpose of colonization they probably could have got er done

Thats why i said, "at least not the ones that made landfall."

ca52db8bf567.jpg

122_02_2.jpg

Another necessary invention for making proper carts is the spoked wheel, which was invented by Central Asians.

Assuming the disease thing isn't an issue, I think you'd have a fairly diverse set of countries in the new world.

If they're not invaded they're still getting discovered, and after that's happened, they'd be fair game as trade partners. The more resourceful tribes / states would likely trade and adopt technologies from their trade partners and end up dominating those who aren't trading, either through war or assimilation.

Then they'd probably have several hundred years of random wars like we did in Europe and the colonized New world in order to sort out the borders between the various groups.

Indeed, Bison however were not natural in the area where the major American civilizations thrived.

I dont think its a coincidence that large cattle domestication and the wheel were invented in the same place.
They're endemic well into Mexico proper from what I understand. Wiped out like Mexico's oak forests!

Cortes already shit himself upon arrival but imagine Moctezuma pulling up in a Bison drawn chariot. They would have left in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back