What would Derrick Lewis have to do for you to accept him as a GREAT fighter?

If he's going to keep fighting the way he does, then he's going to have to prove he doesn't have to change a thing by beating at least ten top five fighters and former champions. Minimum. I pulled the number out of my ass, but that's what I require.

Derek Lewis is a fun fighter, he doesn't have to be great to be remembered. But if he wants to be great, I've made my point clear.

He is a Brett Rogers 2.0 basically.

He has the lower half on an uncoordinated baby giraffe plus he doesn’t even realize he should accommodate his style towards his strengths instead of throwing kicks with horrible form and technique which end up hurting your back even more. Dude is trying to be an elite muay Thai fighter or kick boxer when he should be a wrestle boxer and use his weight and height to his advantages. Clinch , elbow and dirty boxing are the tools he should be looking to improve on. Getting the fight to the ground and develop a good suffocating top game.

As it stands, He has platypus duck feet just like Tim Sylvia and needs to change a whole lot to become a great. He only has great trash talking but that ain’t mma.

Last edited:
Can't wait for him to put Frances' lights out.

stop being a fat ass, win some fights because of your skill and not because you're huge.

he'll never be a " great " fighter imo.

He needs to win so we can enjoy his post-fight interviews.

Lol anybody who classifies their style as Swang and Bang isn't gonna be some amazing guy. He's a heavyweight. Heavyweights regularly knock people out

Maybe if he took his career more seriously and got off that pizza and KFC diet.

Well for one he could learn any kind of grappling as opposed to using retard strength.His fight with Ricky Shivers was the most hilarious fight ever.They rolled around reversing each other over and over like a fight you'd see at recess when you were a kid.He'll never be a great fighter in any aspect minus great power.

He'll never be a great fighter, but he'll always be great fun as a fighter.

#willwatch

He is a fun fighter and that's good enough for me.

If he is on the card.. I'm gonna watch.

Saw him live in Texas and the stadium went nutz when he came back for that finish !!!!

I could be wrong, but I think his approach to training will never be without chili dogs and BBQ... He is what he is.

I think he is delightful. He has limitations, including no defense of the body, no grappling other than standing up, and insufficient combinations, but he is fun to watch, and fun to listen to. And I think he voted for Trump. What is not to love?

What if he beat Overeem?

Beating Reem is one of Stipe’s big accomplishments.
tenor.gif

Eh.

Reem could get KOd by just about anybody and black beast hits hard. I’d probably take him as the pretty large favorite in that fight.

As heartbreaking as that is to say.

Back