What would it take for you to rise up against your government in open rebellion?

Guerilla tactics on their own don't accomplish much. If you're going to get into a fight, be sure you stand to win something. Because you are going to get hit back.

You can look at the example of the French Resistance to the German Occupation. None of the various groups under that large classification would have accomplished anything other than getting half their home town massacred if they had rose up against the Nazis without coordinating with the allies and acting simultaneously with the D-Day landing. In which context they were very successful in delaying by several weeks the Wehrmacht from arriving at the western front to fight the allies.

Last edited:
Just curious.

I guess in countries where you're not allowed to own guns the point is moot because you're fucked.

But in free countries, the question stands: What would it take?

There have been moments here in the US where I'm thinking "Is this not an unforgivable assault upon our rights?" but the average person is too wrapped up in their own shit to pay attention.

Snowden is a prophet.
ue31d.jpg

When I can't get my Nutella.

Penalize people for being successful. A hell of a strategy!

I read somewhere that the period of America's greatest income taxation was the strongest the economy ever performed. Theory being that bosses re invested their profits in their businesses rather than take them as income and be taxed so heavily.

I read somewhere that the period of America's greatest income taxation was the strongest the economy ever performed. Theory being that bosses re invested their profits in their businesses rather than take them as income and be taxed so heavily.

It was also an era of massive tariffs on foreign goods. Yet somehow the people who champion that era as one to be emulated aren't interested in that for some reason.

Back