What would Mighty Mouse have to do for you to call him the GOAT?

Smaller fighters can't be considered for pound for pound goat because they can make mistakes and still win. MM can get punched in the face and shake it off,recover and still win because flyweights are pillow fisted.. while heavyweights have zero margin for error cause 1 single clean shot and it's lights out. Heavier weight classes will always be considered first in pound for pound goat discussions.

Anything lighter than Middleweight should be completely ineligible as a goat candidate.

The talent pool at flyweight is too shallow to truly know how good he is. Could you imagine how god like GSP, Silva or Jones would look fighting regional level fighters?

Its just a fact that there are far fewer people who are MM size. Than there is even fewer who pursue athletics and from that tiny amount there are even fewer who pursue fighting. So its a case of one very special person who took it upon himself to get good at something while no one else at his size took it seriously.

Is MM amazing ? Yes
could he be the best we have ever seen ? very possible
Can we consider him the GOAT? I don't think so

I say thst last statement simply because I don't feel there is anyone credible for him to fight, that would tell how good he really is. When he fought at 135 he was soundly beaten by Cruz. Had that fight even been close it could be chalked up to him being smaller but he was utterly annihilated. Has he improved since that fight? Of course he has but that is the last image of him vs someone everyone knows to be credible.

If MM wants to be considered the GOAT I think he has to move up and fight a credible 135'er, however here is the difference for most that call for moving up. I don't think he has to win to be considered the GOAT. If he can move up give up size and even make it a competitive matchup I think he could be a serious discussion for GOAT. However I think he would get sent back down to 125 embarrassed again. MM is a case of a very good fighter not the greatest fighter in a very very shallow division so he looks like a god.

Much like pro wrestling MMA is renowned for having a huge fanbase of closeted homosexuals who find big ultra-masculine men appealing. That's why they don't care if WWE is fake or if heavyweight MMA fighters are actually talented or not. They just want their big muscley wank-bank material.

top 10 bantam weights will beat him, everyone else from other divisions would destoy him. That makes it hard to consider him GOAT over guys like GSP, Fedor, Silva, Jones.

Much like pro wrestling MMA is renowned for having a huge fanbase of closeted homosexuals who find big ultra-masculine men appealing. That's why they don't care if WWE is fake or if heavyweight MMA fighters are actually talented or not. They just want their big muscley wank-bank material.
Well I wouldn't class Cruz as a big ultra masculine man but what ever justification you need to jerk off MM is fine.

I like MM, he's one of the greatest mma fighters of all time for me, however I would like him to have a few good fights at 135 and win all of them for me to consider him mma goat, if you look at many other all time great fighters/boxers etc, they've won fights and even championships across multiple weight classes, especially the smaller fighters where moving up a weight class isn't all too difficult as compared to a WW moving to MW for example, FLYW to BM isn't as a dramatic and I feel that Might Mouse could do it

top 10 bantam weights will beat him, everyone else from other divisions would destoy him. That makes it hard to consider him GOAT over guys like GSP, Fedor, Silva, Jones.
Nope.

And that is some really terrible logic. Being the GOAT is not about being able to beat an opponent in a much higher weight class. It's about skill, resume, strength of schedule, etc. Many different factors, but that isn't one of them.

Last edited:
No shit
Why do you hold that opinion

GOAT is a rather arbitrary term. It's difficult enough to determine a GOAT inside of weightclasses - and it's impossible to do so p4p.

So I feel like MM is too small to be regarded GOAT.

You could go statistical on that and say: MM is a midget (well, almost...) and there's not a lot of midgets out there, so he cannot be the GOAT while having to face a percentage of the population that is probably below 0.5. And you could say: Same goes for athletic hw's. But at least they would beat up MM in 30 seconds.

So, no GOAT for you.

GOAT is a rather arbitrary term. It's difficult enough to determine a GOAT inside of weightclasses - and it's impossible to do so p4p.

So I feel like MM is too small to be regarded GOAT.

You could go statistical on that and say: MM is a midget (well, almost...) and there's not a lot of midgets out there, so he cannot be the GOAT while having to face a percentage of the population that is probably below 0.5. And you could say: Same goes for athletic hw's. But at least they would beat up MM in 30 seconds.

So, no GOAT for you.

You have no understanding of what "GOAT" means in relation to combat sports.

MMA has the most ignorant ill-informed fanbase in all of professional sports.

Defend hes belt as often as I feel he should. If he goes of to fight some kind of goat elite striker in a different sports hes a clown and not worty of any goat talk imo.

He would need to beat every guy he could be reasonably matched up with.

TJ, Cruz, and Cody are all very close to his size. Not one of those matchups is unreasonable.

He seems to avoid those matchups and hide out in a class that has little to no talent depth.

I'm sorry that he probably has not gotten the recognition he deserves, but I also am not calling him the greatest of all time. You get awarded that by the resume of talent you were able to defeat.

Good thread. A win over garbrandt or dillashaw at 135, and a win over another top 4 guy (Cruz, Rivera, etc.). 2 wins, one weightclass up over complete fighters ( not C level fighters like sterling/ caraway or really good but one dimensional fighters like Lineker). I don't think that's too much to ask.

Edgar has wins over elite fighters bigger than him. Mm should try and accomplish the same. Then he in in that top circle.

Fight someone that people actually know would be a good start.

Id say the biggest thing he could do. it's also the biggest risk...but this alone would cement him forever, in everyones minds....If he fought the winner of cody and tj...and won...that would be it...

Nope.

And your logic is terrible. Being the GOAT is not about being able to beat opponents from much higher weight classes. It's about skill, resume, strength of schedule, etc.
Okay, but you rather describe p4p then GOAT, no?
I mean take for example Shaq, he is greatest center in NBA history, most dominant, but the GOAT is MJ.

Become Jon Jones.

You don't consider MM a P4P GOAT because he fights at 125........ and he's won fights at 135 but you'll call Bones a GOAT when all he's done is fight LHW and get suspended 2 times? Don't get me wrong, I agree Bones is a GOAT, but MM has done more in the sport.

Back