What would MMA be like without Ariel Helwani?

Ariel is a dramatic shit-stirrer who gossips like a teenage girl. Cries like one, too

His platform and interviews have really given us access to fighters, coaches, and management for so many years. He's well respected by just about everybody in the community except for here on Sherdog (and Dana). He's very dedicated to covering the sport along with his show and his accolades and massive network prove that. If he were a "shit-stirrer", "weasel", or "gossips like a teenage girl" like so many on here believe, he wouldn't get the interviews from the fighters like he does every week and he would have washed out like many before him. He doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Baseball has Buster Olney

Football has Rich Eisen

Basketball had Craig Saiger

MMA has Ariel Helwani

This one time I went to a UFC event and I walked by Ariel Helwani. If Ariel didn't exist, I never could've walked past him!

This one time I went to a UFC event and I walked by Ariel Helwani. If Ariel didn't exist, I never could've walked past him!

I pictured something like this, to be honest.

rzwE8.gif

MMA Hour has provided a lot of great information. Ariel has done a lot of positives for the sport.

Better, who cares about a wannabe sports journalist? He makes zero difference in MMA. All he does is crap interviews with multiple choice answers.

If you saw his earlier interviews you would know full well that anyone could do his job and rise to the ranks that he did.

He is as popular as he is because of the UFC not the other way round.

If you saw his earlier interviews you would know full well that anyone could do his job and rise to the ranks that he did.

He is as popular as he is because of the UFC not the other way round.

No

He's the only guy I watch when it comes to fighter interviews.

Back