What would UFC fighters do without MMA?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Imagine for a moment there's no such thing as MMA.

What would our fighters be doing with their lives?

Conor? GSP? Anderson? Jones? DC? Ronda?

Would they have lame day jobs?

I don't think they could make enough $$$ in other combat sports...

Someone made a thread a few weeks ago saying "MMA is a bad career decision", and I mentioned the fact that some fighters could be doing something else, most of them probably not. I think Anderson was pretty close to quitting MMA and upping his hours at McDonald's, Condit has said he doesn't have a plan B, GSP was a garbage man, Jon Jones was living the basement of his illegitimate baby's momma's house, several guys were from favelas in Rio, Conor was trying to be a plumber, Nick Diaz dropped out of high school. The future isn't looking bright for a lot of these guys without MMA.

The guys who had better options usually did them. I think Carlos Newton went to med school, several have started gyms.

Last edited:
mcgregor - janitor
gsp - ufologist
anderson silva - burger king and mcdonald's manager
jones - back alley junkie
DC - popeye's manager
rousey - kfc employee

GSP-Ancient Aliens Host
Conor-Bad guy movie extra #4
Cain-Physical Therapist
Condit-Coal miner
Holloway-The joy of Painting host

Find jobs or careers, I assume.

A lot of these fighters can do plenty of other things outside of the cage.

I assume find a niche/career like the rest of us. Be it a teacher, accountant, small business owner, etc. I think Frankin was a math teacher right?

Conor was training to be a plumber so there's not really too much doubt about what he'd be doing without MMA.
Bisping would have stayed a kickboxer you'd assume.

The US fighters who went to college and wrestled would either be wrestling coaches or have faily decent jobs as they've got degrees for decent Universities.

Maia : alligator wrestliing
Hendricks : eating competitions
Conor : talk show host
Jones : coke dealer
Cain : first aid dummy

Back