What would UFC fighters do without MMA?

JtIkZNs_d.jpg

the same things they do btwn fights to earn a living

UFC strawweight Tecia Torres completed her masters degree in criminology earlier this year. Presumably she will want to do something related to that degree after retirement from MMA.

Imagine for a moment there's no such thing as MMA.

What would our fighters be doing with their lives?

Conor? GSP? Anderson? Jones? DC? Ronda?

Would they have lame day jobs?

I don't think they could make enough $$$ in other combat sports...
The fuysbyou mention are exceptions, they could probably find success in other sports (most have).

The majority of UFC fighters would continue to be criminals and low life's.

Conor was training to be a plumber so there's not really too much doubt about what he'd be doing without MMA.
Bisping would have stayed a kickboxer you'd assume.

The US fighters who went to college and wrestled would either be wrestling coaches or have faily decent jobs as they've got degrees for decent Universities.
tenor.gif

those who went to college might end up as wrestling coaches or have decent jobs, but those who didn't had any education...

Conor would be dead from a potato famine, GSP would be an assistant manager at a Toronto Denny's, Anderson would sing a michael jackson song on brazil's got talent (and lose), Jones would be in prison, DC would have died at 12 from diabetes, and Ronda would be starring in Homeless Chick Blowbang 9

Ronda = 400 pounds, living in a trailer, 16 kids (1 of them Leonardo DeCaprio).

I competitors in a sport as diverse as mma, would gravitate to a single field. They would have a wide array of lifestyles....tradesman, teachers, accountants, farmer, construction worker, retail, bum, IT, food service, business owner, mooch, etc. This is already evident in mma:

Imagine for a moment there's no such thing as MMA.

What would our fighters be doing with their lives?

Conor? GSP? Anderson? Jones? DC? Ronda?

Would they have lame day jobs?

I don't think they could make enough $$$ in other combat sports...

Without the UFC, they would all do steroids.

Conor would be dead from a potato famine, GSP would be an assistant manager at a Toronto Denny's, Anderson would sing a michael jackson song on brazil's got talent (and lose), Jones would be in prison, DC would have died at 12 from diabetes, and Ronda would be starring in Homeless Chick Blowbang 9

How does this work?<{katwhu}>

Someone made a thread a few weeks ago saying "MMA is a bad career decision", and I mentioned the fact that some fighters could be doing something else, most of them probably not. I think Anderson was pretty close to quitting MMA and upping his hours at McDonald's, Condit has said he doesn't have a plan B, GSP was a garbage man, Jon Jones was living the basement of his illegitimate baby's momma's house, several guys were from favelas in Rio, Conor was trying to be a plumber, Nick Diaz dropped out of high school. The future isn't looking bright for a lot of these guys without MMA.

The guys who had better options usually did them. I think Carlos Newton went to med school, several have started gyms.

Garbage men in Canada at the high end in the right district can make $25'ish an hour with an amazing pension. Of course that's lemurs to millions, but it's a hell of a lot better than fast food employe pay. The only people making bank in fast food are district and up or corporate.

Ronda would have become a reality star aftershave judo tossed someone out of a trailer.

Anderson would have put his dedication to McDonald's and become a franchise owner.

GSP would have levelled up and stared his own car age deposal and collection business. Before long Canada wide we'd have St.Pierre Dump and lump Garbage master's. Motivation can make you rich as hell. That's the lesson here.

Garbage men in Canada at the high end in the right district can make $25'ish an hour with an amazing pension. Of course that's lemurs to millions, but it's a hell of a lot better than fast food employe pay. The only people making bank in fast food are district and up or corporate.

Ronda would have become a reality star aftershave judo tossed someone out of a trailer.

Anderson would have put his dedication to McDonald's and become a franchise owner.

GSP would have levelled up and stared his own car age deposal and collection business. Before long Canada wide we'd have St.Pierre Dump and lump Garbage master's. Motivation can make you rich as hell. That's the lesson here.
I don't think any kids dream of being garbage men. I'd also rather be making Anderson Silva money, playboy, than a McDonald's manager. Those are fine jobs actually, but not in the realm of millionaire athlete. I don't actually know, but I don't believe trash collectors are a private industry in Montreal. Athletes are good at their sport, which doesn't often translate over to business.

Back