What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's this movie I like, Vigo Mortensen plays a guy who educates his own kids and they live in the wilderness. His wife's Sister thinks he's being too rough and it's harming the children:

thx. movie looks perfect. Will watch tonight.

edit: watched yesterday and it was quite interesting. Would have prefered if the kids woul have been been a Little less genius but the message got along well.

Last edited:
thx. movie looks perfect. Will watch tonight.

edit: watched yesterday and it was quite interesting. Would have prefered if the kids woul have been been a Little less genius but the message got along well.

I've met kids who were homeschooled who were VERY advanced by American standards. Given the degradation of the American public education system this is becoming more commonplace.

So, as most of you already know my team competed in the 43'rd Annual Gene Lewis tournament. These are the bouts from day 2 (none of them fought on Day 1):

Two of my novices had to fight each other as there were no other competitors in either of their divisions, so they got stuck together. My crew referred to this as "the best fight no one gave a fuck about":

My 11 year-old had his first bout against a kid from Vegas with more experience in the Sport, but this was the first fight for both of them:

After the 2nd 8-count I suspected they might stop it, but I'm proud that he made it through the fight. He immediately wanted to fight again.

Then came day 3. First up was my Heavyweight, who fought for the Elite Open Championship despite that he's a Youth Novice. They allowed him to jump up in class. Opponent was 21 years old, and had 23 fights. My guy is 18 and had 3 fights:

Then came my 114lb'er. I don't know, I thought he out-worked and out-landed his opponent. Fight was competitive but they had it unanimous for the other kid. He got clipped with some good shots, so all we're focusing on is what he needs to improve:

Then last...the travesty. Daijon's fight. I'm not even going to say anything:

My Amateur Oscar fought in Alberta Canada this past weekend:

There was also a charity sparring show here in town, some of those videos are on my youtube page as well.

@Sinister I heard people get famous nowadays just from posting short clips of them doing and saying retarded things. Why don't you and your fighters do the same and get millions of views? Maybe tell Daijon to call out Floyd Mayweather or something.

Somehow but not completely unrelated question: this is not the first time Daijon loses a decision he should have won. What do you think the reason is? Incompetent judges? Daijon being a counter-puncher? Opposing trainers being more famous than you?

Man I don’t like that decision at all...

Maybe they thought that boxing is get hit and don’t hit back, not hit and don’t get hit.

@Sinister I heard people get famous nowadays just from posting short clips of them doing and saying retarded things. Why don't you and your fighters do the same and get millions of views? Maybe tell Daijon to call out Floyd Mayweather or something.

Somehow but not completely unrelated question: this is not the first time Daijon loses a decision he should have won. What do you think the reason is? Incompetent judges? Daijon being a counter-puncher? Opposing trainers being more famous than you?

I encourage them to make stupid youtube videos all the time. None of them like the idea.

The reason Daijon doesn't get favoritism has multiple factors. So I really don't give a fuck. He does more than me, but it doesn't matter. We can't control USA Boxing judges. What I care about is his maturation in the ring and this was one of his first fights that actually LOOKED like when he spars. He made progress and that's my concern.

Man I don’t like that decision at all...

Maybe they thought that boxing is get hit and don’t hit back, not hit and don’t get hit.

lol, something like that.

I saw Jeremy Nichols fight on the DAZN card the other week and he kind of reminded me of the youtube clips I've seen of Daijon

I saw Jeremy Nichols fight on the DAZN card the other week and he kind of reminded me of the youtube clips I've seen of Daijon

Yeah that fight came up at the last minute. I'm glad he got a match like that because he's been matched tough from the jump. But an educated eye can spot JR's lack of seasoning. He's being mis-managed and it sucks

Finally got a fairly consistent squad of little ones:

My Heavyweight was as in a PPV worthy fight yesterday. Got his legs straightened in the first round, then woke up in the second:

My Heavyweight was as in a PPV worthy fight yesterday. Got his legs straightened in the first round, then woke up in the second:

I feel like your fighter knew what he was doing. And only listened to half the things you said. You were telling him like 50x. Pop that jab. And he didn't but i think he knew he got his number punched.

There's this movie I like, Vigo Mortensen plays a guy who educates his own kids and they live in the wilderness. His wife's Sister thinks he's being too rough and it's harming the children:

and Chomsky day is the best holiday of the year, for sure

I feel like your fighter knew what he was doing. And only listened to half the things you said. You were telling him like 50x. Pop that jab. And he didn't but i think he knew he got his number punched.

I dont recall yelling for a jab that much, might have been my assistant. But these two had sparred before, the buff tatted white dude used to train at our gym, and my kid is 10 years younger and has about half the experience he does. He was also a former Army Ranger, so hes been battle-hardened. My kid listened very well considering all that

I dont recall yelling for a jab that much, might have been my assistant. But these two had sparred before, the buff tatted white dude used to train at our gym, and my kid is 10 years younger and has about half the experience he does. He was also a former Army Ranger, so hes been battle-hardened. My kid listened very well considering all that

Well of course not literally 50x. I honestly didn't know their was a 2nd guy next to you. Those army rangers are tough motherfuckers and go through more hell than marines BCT in RASP. Your kid hit some good hooks i feel like his gameplan was based off timing his strikes right.

So one of the Norwegians I've been working with started coming to me to try and i'm improve his performance in the Nordic Championship. His nemesis was a Russian with oodles of experience and is a Southpaw. He had lost to him 2 or 3 times in the finals. Well, we beat him. My guy is in red:

So one of the Norwegians I've been working with started coming to me to try and i'm improve his performance in the Nordic Championship. His nemesis was a Russian with oodles of experience and is a Southpaw. He had lost to him 2 or 3 times in the finals. Well, we beat him. My guy is in red:

Great Performance from the Norwegian that Russian can really fight!

Anything in particular you had him working on beforehand? Southpaw and Anti-Southpaw Tactics interest me
To my pretty Inexperienced eyes looks like keeping the lead foot outside or slipping all the way outside the left Elbow if you lose that angle, Right straight down the centre and left hook counter in exchanges along with that horrible Right Bolo under the heart, Fighting out of clinches early and not accepting them so he can keep the pressure on and not give the Russian time and space to be an Awkward Southpaw.

I actually taught him how to move to his right more against the Southpaw. He predictably FOUGHT to go to his left all the time. He was also pretty inept at in-fighting when he came here. I still don't like the way he throws his right hand, and gets a bit too torso-forward (past his feet) but the improvements made were enough to make him the best in his Country. I think this qualifies him for the Scandinavian Championships, which qualifies for European Championships. But he got a ton of Southpaw work here:

Those were last year, this is how sharp he was before he returned to Norway from this most recent training:

The other Norwegian I work with most often. He's Pro and currently on a small win streak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back