What's lurking in your stadium food? Health Inspection for all 111 NA Sports Venues

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Thought this ESPN feature was one that any of our hardcore sports fans would appreciate:
What's lurking in your stadium food?
ESPN's Outside the Lines reviewed food-safety inspection reports for all 111 North American pro sports venues. Find your stadium and see how it fared.

ESPN said:
ESPN's Outside the Lines reviewed and collected more than 16,000 food-safety inspection reports from health departments that monitor the 111 professional football, baseball, basketball and hockey facilities across North America. The review of routine inspection reports from 2016 and 2017 found that at about 28 percent of the venues, half or more of the food service outlets incurred a high-level violation -- one that poses a potential threat for foodborne illness. Outside the Lines also calculated the average number of high-level violations per inspection at each venue, and compared that to the average for restaurants and other food outlets in the surrounding area, for the 82 venues for which we had community data provided by Hazel Analytics. Find your favorite stadium to determine how many high-level violations were found, how the stadium's inspection results compare to other eateries in the surrounding community, and notable samples of our findings. Read the full story.
ESPN said:
Total Routine Inspections
North American venues
Had as good or better rates than community
Had worse rates than community
28%
Had high-level violations at half or more of outlets inspected
If any of you reside in Charlotte I would strongly advise you tailgate hard and heavy with the BBQ. My God. Your venues are a disaster. They are a public health hazard.

Golden1 looks okay, but considering how new the facility is, I'm a bit disappointed to see a 28% violation rate. Still, it did better than the rest of Sac.

Levi's is far worse. Ironic considering how much wealth resides within 25 miles of that stadium. Meanwhile, AT&T Park fared much better, so there's no need to fear the delicious crab sandwiches beyond the $19 price tag (listed as just $$ on Yelp, I might add, down there in the Bay Area).

I probably havent had stadium food in 3-4 years due to all the exposes you see on social media or your linked article.

Beer, soft drinks, and peanuts are the only thing that I buy from vendors now. I am sure the taps/soda fountains are gross, too; really doubt theyre as disgusting as the food.

Last edited:
Guess I won’t be eating any food when I visit Canthers and yankee stadium

I been going to stadiums for 30 years and its prolly been at least 20 years since I ate at one I think, too busy getting drunk and being obnoxious
Did they rank the Stockton Arena though?
Thats the next place I'll be in a few weeks for a hockey game, maybe I'll break the streak there

LOL at the Oakland Coliseum finishing better than the SF Giants, Niners, Sacramento Kings and SJ Sharks stadiums

TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!!

danny-de-vito-gif-angry-fuck-you.gif

Like, who are these bored white women who are constantly telling us how dangerous eating in public is?
Yes, we know there's a risk. We're also fat fucks who get hungry.
Fuck we gonna do man?

Like, who are these bored white women who are constantly telling us how dangerous eating in public is?
Yes, we know there's a risk. We're also fat fucks who get hungry.
Fuck we gonna do man?
Follow the payot. Treasure them. Cherish them.

Kosher ftw.

I been going to stadiums for 30 years and its prolly been at least 20 years since I ate at one I think, too busy getting drunk and being obnoxious
Did they rank the Stockton Arena though?
Thats the next place I'll be in a few weeks for a hockey game, maybe I'll break the streak there
You don’t seem like a man that misses meals. No offense.

<Gordonhat>

Glad I only drink beer when I see a game.

I remember going to Giants games at old Candlestick in the 70s when you could bring your own beer and food.
Back when the Count was pitching and LA/SF games always erupted into mass fights.
ZjoQj3u.gif

yea, yea. I know.
but the sorority next to us on the CAL campus made the best quesadillas.
that and a 12 pack of Lucky Lager and you were set.

Last edited:
LOL at the Oakland Coliseum finishing better than the SF Giants, Niners, Sacramento Kings and SJ Sharks stadiums

TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!!

danny-de-vito-gif-angry-fuck-you.gif
i believe it lol. santa clara county is a shithole.

of course Detroit had one of the highest violations. lol.

Back