What's more humiliating?

Well there is an interesting discussion.

I am a brown (have been there about 1.5 years). I got tapped in a bow and arrow by an equally ranked player a few weeks ago. I had plenty of time to escape as I actually tapped to the crank after a while (it was never below the chin) but I could not get out. Since then I have been tapped by blues and purples in the same position..... a lot. The only reason I have not been tapped by whites is because the few that I have rolled with could not get to the position. I have been letting the lower rank players get me to bow and arrow and then practicing my defense to get out of it. Sometimes I can't escape and I tap. A no stripe blue got be Saturday. I don't feel bad or humiliated. He got to work his offence. I got to work my defense. Win/win......Happens to me all the time.
This all day, but you know... dont get tapped. Im alpha brah.

Not humiliated but as far as preference, I’d much much rather get tapped by a smaller higher belt. Shit, eveb a smaller female upper belt feels better than a lower rank.

So I'll go out on a limb here and admit that it can be humiliating to get thrashed by someone.

If the guy is famous, thrashing is expected so I don't really care. But there are some less than famous guys out there that can thrash me too, and I don't like that at all. It makes me better so I try to train with them as much as I can, but it's still humiliating to get owned so badly.

It doesn't happen very much anymore, but there are about two guys I train with semi-regularly that just own me completely. One guy is about three weight classes bigger and the other guy is exactly the same size.

They are perfect training partners (particularly same size guy), but yeah it's pretty embarrassing. People say don't be embarrassed but I still am.

Black belts?

Back