What's the avg for a one bedroom apartment in your area?

Not sure of apartment prices here. At college, I paid around $600.

i pay around $1700 for a 1 BR i've lived at for the last 17 years (started at 1200).
did some shopping around last year, the price i pay is a bargain compared to the prices i saw for comparable apts in similar neighborhoods.

with that said:
SF1IzaP.jpg

Average is always a misleading statistic with homes, because the drastically over your budget places raise the score.

The average here is probably 1000, but I know I can get Into a 550 tomorrow.

4-500

in SoCal, but the literal worst part so rent is cheap

varies from like $500-$2000 here. The $500 ones are not nice places.

When I first moved here, I lived in Ross Township which is still technically Pittsburgh by zip code (15237) but it's outside what you'd call the city limits. My apartment was ~600sqft, one bedroom, small kitchen, no laundry, etc. and it was $639 a month IIRC. This was back in 2012.

Not exactly the same but this is the company.

https://www.rent.com/pennsylvania/pittsburgh-apartments/waldorf-park-apartments-4-574417

Now, I live further north and outside the county the city is in. There are apartments across the street from my house and I think they go for around $1200 a month for a one-bedroom.

700 to 1200 depending on which part of town you want to be in

Not if you have dignity

Assuming you stay away from 2 or 3 areas of the city known for higher levels of infestation, which have official reports available to the public, I'd still say people are living in decent conditions (no issue with the apt) at $600-700.

$1500-1800 USD in my parts of Cali

1300 to 1400 for something non ghetto.
St kitts

Round $2000 give or take a couple hundred for a decent spot.

This is in San Jose Ca. where the insane real estate market just keeps going up and up and up. You look across the downtown's skyline and you'll see building cranes everywhere that are building both high and low income apartments/condos at a 1:1 ratio.(That's a standard city planning/ civil engineering practice.) The problem this is causing is that the cost of living is so high and If you make over a 1000 bucks a month you make too much money to qualify for a low income. So almost all the low income spots go to people who technically have don't have a income or very little at all. Most that get those spots are all on some form of gov assistance SSI or SSDI. What that does is really put pressure on the huge demography of people that are working their butts off at a job that pay min wage to like 28$ an hr that don't make enough to pay bills, eat daily and live their lives. Those are the people that make a big difference in how a city flows and grows positively.

Oh San Jose governing bodies are pretty vile and evil people. Especially when it comes to the homeless in the city. The last couple years the city has been doing all kinds of jacked up stuff to the homeless. Any encampments built close to downtown get bulldozed with a quickness. Started when they took down "the jungle" little over two years ago. It was a massive camp with about 1200 people living in it. One day the cops with bulldozers came and gave em 2 hrs to get their stuff and bounce. Since then the city has pushed most of them all to the Eastside of the city. Drive thru the rest of San Jose then go thru ESSJ and you will say holy shit it's a mini skid row from LA.

Bout 3 years ago Google made a deal with the city to bring 3 big Campuses to DT San Jose (Which are being built now). This was announced almost a year ago I believe. The assault on the homeless I just described has everything to do with Google coming to SJ...

I was born n raised here, it pisses me off because it's a awesome city. Rant off

Back