What's the avg for a one bedroom apartment in your area?

I'm in surburbia so no one bedrooms here, two bedrooms is about $1200 USD a month. My mortgage for a 3br with two bathrooms and a decent sized yard is about 1800 USD. Bought about 8 years ago for $300k USD, house over the road sold for about $560 USD last year, my area got popular.

A quick search tells me it's about 1500 for a one br in the CBD here.

About 700-850 CAD here in Montreal

For a one bedroom?

I live in a nice four and a half in NDG for 760, heat and hot water in.

Friend of mine just moved into a one bedroom on the plateau for just under eight hundred, but that's the plateau.

I’m about a 30 minute drive to San Francisco without traffic. One bedrooms go for about $2,100.

For a one bedroom?

I live in a nice four and a half in NDG for 760, heat and hot water in.

Friend of mine just moved into a one bedroom on the plateau for just under eight hundred, but that's the plateau.

Shit for reals??

I lived in a dope 4 and a half at 900 heating in but it wasn't the location you guys live in (cotes-des-neiges)

Shit for reals??

I lived in a dope 4 and a half at 900 heating in but it wasn't the location you guys live in (cotes-des-neiges)

I've been here twenty years.

I'm guessing a new place would be pretty expensive.

500 if youre desperate. 1500 if you want to live by the water. Tampa.

Last edited:
There are none. I live in the woods.

About 700 unless you want to be xxxterminated.

i pay around $1700 for a 1 BR i've lived at for the last 17 years (started at 1200).
did some shopping around last year, the price i pay is a bargain compared to the prices i saw for comparable apts in similar neighborhoods.

with that said:
SF1IzaP.jpg

Well, even at $1200 a month for the past 17 years you are down $244,800 without any investment... That is one shitty life decision. You could have easily bought an upscale house with that kind of money in an area with a lower cost of living.

Mansions on a lake around here usually go for around 200k lol

Well, even at $1200 a month for the past 17 years you are down $244,800 without any investment... That is one shitty life decision. You could have easily bought an upscale house with that kind of money in an area with a lower cost of living.

Mansions on a lake around here usually got for around 200k here lol.

lol

<{poor?}>

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/us/minimum-wage-2-bedroom-trnd/index.html

Reminds me of this article I saw last week. "There's not a single state, where someone can afford a "modest" 2 bedroom home on minimum wage".
giphy.gif

Then I made the mistake of showing it to a guy I work with, thinking we could have a laugh over the "no shit" aspect of it....wrong. It turned into a "There was a time when you could, and raise a family on minimum wage. If you have a job, your minimum wage should be able to meet all of you needs" rant.

Here in the San fernando valley the avg is $1600 a month, still lower than downtown which I believe is $1700. Cost of living in california is insane.
That sounds about what it's like in San Diego.

To be fair though, it was easy to pay that much for a one bedroom in Chicago if you lived downtown or near downtown.

Fuck SoCal and NYC prices. How can anyone afford that shit and have money to pay the rest of your bills?!

I live in Atlanta. Decent 1 BR in an okay area of town is going to be $900-$1200. I'd rather buy a smaller, little bit older 2bed house and pay a $650/700 per month mortgage.

$500/month is about the starting price around here. Some of those are apartments that have communal kitchens and living rooms that you share with 2-3 other people. Most of those are meant to be for college students though. There are standalone units for the same price, but probably not in the greatest of areas. The cost of living is relatively low here. I remember a decade ago $500/month got you a three bedroom duplex.

Back