Opinion What's the consensus on Ben Shapiro around here?

When did he say the government was going to take his wife?

He uses that analogy a ton. He loves to remind you that she's a doctor, then pretends as if she refuses to do something the government has mandated, soon after the stormtroopers will rush in and take her to the camps.

He uses that analogy a ton. He loves to remind you that she's a doctor, then pretends as if she refuses to do something the government has mandated, soon after the stormtroopers will rush in and take her to the camps.

Hes saying the government is compelling her under threat to do something. Its only when questioned he has to explain further. Can you quote him as an example?

Hes saying the government is compelling her under threat to do something. Its only when questioned he has to explain further. Can you quote him as an example?

I dont think I could quote him, to be honest. I've never read him write it. It's always in podcasts, debates, and the like. I guarantee that if you see him on the JRE podcast, or his politicon debate, he'll employ it at least once.

He's obviously very intelligent as he graduated HS early and graduated with honors from Harvard. I like the fact that he allows his debate. As stated, he doesn't try to shout down opposition.

He's obviously very intelligent as he graduated HS early and graduated with honors from Harvard. I like the fact that he allows his debate. As stated, he doesn't try to shout down opposition.
Don't you think he uses trickery and fast talking to razzle dazzle his opponents? I might be biased because I disagree with most of his viewpoints.

Yeah, no.

While he doesn't actually shout his opponents down, he certainly fast talks them into confusion, gives them too many points to refute, etc.

It's certainly more skillful than shouting at his opponent yet it still has the same practical purpose.

I quite liked him until I saw

Upon seeing this, I started to see the same slimy tactics in most, if not all of the arguments I've seen him trot forth. Incredibly dishonest.

And I'm tired of him telling me the government is going to bust down his doors and take away his DOCTOR WIFE.

the very first statement from shapiro in that video is bullshit, the rest of the western world is ample evidence against it.
the man is a slick speaker, but while hes dazzling you with his pithy remarks, he moves so fast it doesnt give you time to realise half of what he says is bollocks.
id like to see him "debate" someone of substance for a change.

Self loathing white liberals...

Those completely consumed with white guilt and hold stupid positions like, "only white people can be racist..."

Or "I can't comment on that, because i come from a privileged background and cis-gender..."

They are without question, the worst type of leftist...

{<redford}

DQQiCgOVoAEteVf.jpg:large

He used to share a room with his sisters as a kid....this could explain some of his weirdness.

Wow. You sure bring a lot to the table as it pertains to argument...

Depends on the table and the argument, I can almost certainly bring a better table and make a better argument than you about almost anything.

That's like the third time that article has been posted. Its a good take down of Shapiro but enough already.

It's a sherdog-level take down. It's shocking to me that it's written by Harvard doctoral student.

He's intelligent, somewhat principled, and he's not a dishonest, spiteful little troll like Milo, so I do have a degree of respect for him.

That said, he's still a dogmatic Republican apparatchik, and he allows that to skew his views.

Yeah, no.

While he doesn't actually shout his opponents down, he certainly fast talks them into confusion, gives them too many points to refute, etc.

It's certainly more skillful than shouting at his opponent yet it still has the same practical purpose.

He is intelligent. He's not a top intellectual or thinker but he is a smart guy. I don't want to compare Shapiro to Socrates but you could say Socrates did the same. Except Socrates wasn't pushing dogma. Shapiro excels at rhetoric. Hitler made the point that the spoken word is much more powerful than the written. Socrates thought that too. lol.

Back