Whats the Crysis of this generation? Friend just got a new video card.

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering sherbros...I game but Im not sure which game it is.

Seems like a lot of games have good graphics but nobody is pushing the limits like Crysis was at the time.....Personally I blame Consoles for this and Corporations being money hungry, since excluding people because their rig can't handle it, will lead to less sells.

So yeah, whats a great looking game, that we can play just to see how nice it looks? Thanks.

God Of War(Ps4 Pro)

I think I read that GTA 5 isn't even topped out yet by a GTX 1080 card but yeah Witcher 3 is also very taxing on a high end graphics card

Crysis and Skyrim with visual mods

Metro Last Light Redux is up there. More taxing than the others mentioned from what I can tell (GTA V's issues are more so some of the settings that screw with it rather than it being a visual beast, I know from experience). Games like Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, GTA V, and Crysis 3 have some incredible looking realism mods, but they aren't necessarily taxing the video card.

Ryse
GTA5 modded
Ass Creed games(Unity/Origins)
FF15
Doom

All @4k resolution if you're going for just eye candy and don't care about frame rate
Games clean up good af at around 1800p. If I run a game at 4k(2160p) I usually just turn off AA

The correct answer is that there is none. A Crysis for this generation doesn't exist.

Sorry.

KCD uses CryEngine 3 and is far more taxing than Witcher 3, GTA 5 or Metro for GTX 1060. No chance for Max with good performance. Though Mankind Divided's environments look spectacular on PC when maxed out, but it isn't as demanding.

FO4 > Skyrim
Disagree. FO4 has very little in the way of RPG elements anymore. Plus I personally for settings have always been a bigger fan of fantasy medieval over post-apocalyptic unless it's the post-apocalyptic world of like Mad Max.

Disagree. FO4 has very little in the way of RPG elements anymore. Plus I personally for settings have always been a bigger fan of fantasy medieval over post-apocalyptic unless it's the post-apocalyptic world of like Mad Max.

You're talking about mods.

FO4 > Skyrim when you're talking modding in 2018.

FO4 is a modified Skyrim engine and it's just plain better as a base game compared to Skyrim.

Horizon mod for FO4 shits on basically everything else in the Bethesda library right now.

You're talking about mods.

FO4 > Skyrim when you're talking modding in 2018.

FO4 is a modified Skyrim engine and it's just plain better as a base game compared to Skyrim.

Horizon mod for FO4 shits on basically everything else in the Bethesda library right now.
I guess I just never got super into FO4 so I never played around with it's mods. Will have to check it out.

Back