What's the current or upcoming 5 star game?

Streaming Sea of Thieves is against their TOS. Level1techs looked into it and decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Bmw3npGCYAAg9YL.jpg

{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

They killed their Twitch presence at the top of the charts? This is why you can't have nice things, Microsoft.

Bmw3npGCYAAg9YL.jpg

{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

They killed their Twitch presence at the top of the charts? This is why you can't have nice things, Microsoft.

I'm assuming Microsoft plans on rolling out their own Twitch style service or they already have one.
The way Microsoft works these days, they wouldn't just ban your game code. They would ban your entire Microsoft account.

I'm assuming Microsoft plans on rolling out their own Twitch style service or they already have one.
The way Microsoft works these days, they wouldn't just ban your game code. They would ban your entire Microsoft account.
I headed over to see the status of the game on Twitch after you posted that. There was a dozen streamers up, but almost no viewers.

I actually learned about the game's existence by scrolling through the top charts in late January. I was like, "Sea of Thieves? What the fuck is Sea of Thieves?" Hopped on, and the streamer was playing in a pair with a friend. They saw one other ship with players, but they decided to avoid conflict, and go about their mission towards some island, where the streamer shot his friend out of his cannon.

Did they not implement the ban until early access ended? When did they start cracking down?

Aha. They already have a competitor, @jefferz, and I actually have it downloaded: Mixer. I had no idea it was Microsoft's.
Mixer, Microsoft’s Twitch competitor, adds game sales
I thought this app was exclusively for mobile games, but apparently that was added later, so I'm guessing it just happens to be bigger with the mobile platform because Twitch dominates non-mobile gaming. I don't think Mixer is even the leader among the mobile streaming niche. Pretty sure that's Mobcrush.

Back