What's the Explanation for Rousey in the Main Event of UFC 157?

Judge and Jury

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow. People on sherdog really don't know a thing about marketing.. all the hardcore fans who buy ppv's regularly are going to buy it whether Ronda's fight is the main card fight or not. Even the few that will spite the card will still buy the next one and so the ufc does not lose them as a buyer.

2 girl's squaring off on the ufc 157 poster
In bars will attract those guys who may think "MMA is gay" Or who say "who wants to see 2 guys rolling around on the ground?"

THOSE are the types of people a fight like this attracts on top of the already hooked ufc diehards like pretty .much all of us.

When will people on here realize that there is a reason that the UFC Fox cards are better then the PPV 's that we have to pay money for? The UFC is catering its business to the NEW MMA fan and trying to get the casual MMA fan to turn to a regular MMA fan like all of us.

Do I like it when I'm paying 50$ for a sub par PPV? No but am I going to stop buying them and watch something else ? No and so the UFC has me by the nads and others like me which is most of all of u too and that's just how it's going to be.

Its a smart marketing move on the UFC's part and they have us all right where they want us unless some new MMA company gets huge and only caters to the regal fan.

Wow. People on sherdog really don't know a thing about marketing.. all the hardcore fans who buy ppv's regularly are going to buy it whether Ronda's fight is the main card fight or not. Even the few that will spite the card will still buy the next one and so the ufc does not lose them as a buyer.

In bars will attract those guys who may think "MMA is gay" Or who say "who wants to see 2 guys rolling around on the ground?"

THOSE are the types of people a fight like this attracts on top of the already hooked ufc diehards like pretty .much all of us.

When will people on here realize that there is a reason that the UFC Fox cards are better then the PPV 's that we have to pay money for? The UFC is catering its business to the NEW MMA fan and trying to get the casual MMA fan to turn to a regular MMA fan like all of us.

Do I like it when I'm paying 50$ for a sub par PPV? No but am I going to stop buying them and watch something else ? No and so the UFC has me by the nads and others like me which is most of all of u too and that's just how it's going to be.

Its a smart marketing move on the UFC's part and they have us all right where they want us unless some new MMA company gets huge and only caters to the regal fan.

Back