What's the point of the clock in soccer?

That's what happens in a true eat or be eaten competition. The best rise to the top, the weak are left behind.

Except you can't rise to the top if you are left behind because if you ''produce'' a good player the top teams will buy it, that's not competition

So a spanish team has only 3/11 spanish players in their best 11's and none of them are coming from their youth team. They are bought from another teams without giving anything in return

You should stick to American sports that no other countries give a fuck about, if you want all the teams to only field players of the same country.

And then you say players are "bought from another teams without giving anything in return"

Do you even understand what a financial transaction is?

I like soccer and play the hell outta’ of Fifa but it is annoying how big of bitches everyone is when they get touched. My favorite sport is basketball but it would be annoying if everybody played like Marcus Smart. Also low scoring games are horrible in soccer which happens alot.

And it doesn't even work, at least not in basketball. Just look at the GSW or before that Miami Heat.

Two different teams have been good at two different times and that indicates "it doesn't even work". Way to play up the soccerball fans are dumb stereotype. Can't even type two sentences without contradicting their argument.

Two different teams have been good at two different times and that indicates "it doesn't even work". Way to play up the soccerball fans are dumb stereotype. Can't even type two sentences without contradicting their argument.
He was talking about "parity", I don't see it in the NBA right now. GSW were the best team and then signed Durant who took less money because of the salary cap. Same with the Heat with Wade, Bosh and LeBron iirc, so at least in Basketball I'd say it is rather easy to build "super teams". In hockey and american football for example it works better, imo. Sure no team dominted for 10 years or something, but that doesn't happen in football either. Real won the CL three times in a row, but their domestic league just once in that time. Before that no team won the CL even twice in a row.

The american system can't be applied to football in Europe anyway, I like US sports and football so I won't pick a side here. I hate that the rich football teams in Europe have become untouchable, but I also don't like how US teams "tank" to possibly get the best draft pick (draft lottery was a good idea). Not every league in Europe even has the same rules regarding ownership, not getting relegated when you finish last and basically picking 18-20 teams per league that are there to stay would piss off most fans, I'm fairly certain that EU law wouldn't allow the trade and draft system either etc. Football in Europe definitely needs to come up with ideas to create more competition, but the american system won't be the answer. Both have advantages and disadvantages, like I said I wouldn't pick a side here.

As for the TS topic, there were discussions about a net playing time of 60 minutes (actual playing time right now is 55-60 minutes depending on the game, sometimes more). I think it was refused because TV stations can plan better with 90 minutes plus a few minutes extra time...

Explain the offside rule

You are offside if you receive a pass from one of your teammates and there are less than 2 defenders/opponents ahead of you

"Common mistakes":
1. You could be offside even when there's a defender ahead of you, there must be always 2 players including goalkeeper (this is really a strange situation, could happen after a corner kick mostly)
BmVbA-5IYAATLxX.jpg

If the player with the ball decides to pass to the one at the left instead of shoting it would be offside since there's only 1 opponent ahead of him

2. You are not offside if you are coming from your own field's half the moment the pass is made
3. You are not offside if the pass is going backwards, doesn't matter if you are ahead of every defender
4. You can't be offside with your arms because it has to be with a part of the body you can score with
5. You are not offside if the "pass" is coming unintentionally from an opponent
6. Positional offside, when you are offside but don't touch the ball, only if you are in its trayectory or have intentions on participate in the play

Dude, like I said, I was born in Spain and have been watching football since Barça signed Rijkaard and Ronaldinho till I was 20 and lost interest in the sport because it was too "prehistoric", thank god they finally opted for technology with the VAR, it is just stupid how Maradona gave Argentina a world cup with a hand goal or how Henry made France go to World Cup with a hand play, riged sport favoring bigger teams

AdventurousBaggyBullmastiff.gif

Now they need to stop the clock every time the game is stopped with a foul, corner kick, goal kick... make the game 60 min then because 90 min would be too much

Last edited:
You are offside if you receive a pass from one of your teammates and there are less than 2 defenders/opponents ahead of you

"Common mistakes":
1. You could be offside even when there's a defender ahead of you, there must be always 2 players including goalkeeper (this is really a strange situation, could happen after a corner kick mostly)
BmVbA-5IYAATLxX.jpg

If the player with the ball decides to pass to the one at the left instead of shoting it would be offside since there's only 1 opponent ahead of him

2. You are not offside if you are coming from your own field's half the moment the pass is made
3. You are not offside if the pass is going backwards, doesn't matter if you are ahead of every defender
4. You can't be offside with your arms because it has to be with a part of the body you can score with
5. You are not offside if the "pass" is coming unintentionally from an opponent

Dude, like I said, I was born in Spain and have been watching football since Barça signed Rijkaard and Ronaldinho till I was 20 and lost interest in the sport because it was too "prehistoric", thank god they finally opted for technology with the VAR, it is just stupid how Maradona gave Argentina a world cup with a hand goal or how Henry made France go to World Cup with a hand play, riged sport favoring bigger teams

Now they need to stop the clock every time the game is stopped with a foul, corner kick, goal kick... make the game 60 min then because 90 min would be too much

TLDR

Except you can't rise to the top if you are left behind because if you ''produce'' a good player the top teams will buy it, that's not competition

If you're not economically fit to "keep" a good player, it's not the league's responsibility to even out the playing field and artificially prop you up.

You better figure out a way to compete on your own.

Average soccer fan

See how the sport is too simple, don't pretend otherwise, if this is too long, you better not read rules of a really complex sport, american football

PS: Good luck in the world cup Bale!
read the rules? the game is a steaming pile of horseshit, why would anyone waste their time reading the rules ?

I like soccer and play the hell outta’ of Fifa but it is annoying how big of bitches everyone is when they get touched. My favorite sport is basketball but it would be annoying if everybody played like Marcus Smart. Also low scoring games are horrible in soccer which happens alot.
wtf are you talking about ???????? I love a zero- zero...... <{Fergie}>

I like that the ref lets them finish the last attack

its not like basketball or football where you can just shoot a hail mary from halfway across the field

First of all it's called Football not fucking soccer, because you know you actually kick a ball around with the foot.

Stopping the clock while the ball isn't being played is not too bad an idea I guess, but shorting the game to 60 minutes is a completely stupid idea.

Where great teams differentiate themselves is in the ability to go for 90 minutes and prove their dominance in the last 15-20 minutes of the game when the other team is starting to get tired and fade, so their defence opens up and they make mistakes. A lot of goals get scored towards the end of those 90 minutes. Reducing the time would simply mean more draws and less of an opportunity for a team to make a come back.

Just because NFL "a level athletes" can't run more than 15 seconds we shouldn't change the most beautiful game

Back