Social What's The Purpose of Vehicle Registration?

Sounds like you work for an insurance company.

There has to be a better middle ground for the average Joe.

The ability of people to cause damage with a vehicle FAR in excess of their ability to pay for that damage is a very practical concern.

I'm inclined to agree that a government mandated bet that you're going to inflict that kind of damage taken with an organization that's betting your wont is a very odd system.

If there has to be a better middle ground, what is it and who is pushing for it?

I register my vehicles in Pennington County South Dakota, and my trailers in Michigan.

The cars are cheap to register, and their DMV is easy to work with. My Michigan trailer plates are permanent. The permanent trailer plates, and SD registration has saved me tens of thousands.

"Car insurance can be seen as an investment because it provides financial protection and security for drivers and their vehicles. By paying a premium, drivers can transfer the financial risk of potential accidents or incidents to the insurance company. In this sense, car insurance can be seen as a form of risk management, similar to investing in other forms of insurance, such as health or life insurance."

<JonesDXSuckIt>
Lol at quoting an ad

Insurance is the bigger scam, enabled by the government. Imagine paying into something endlessly, and they get to keep your money no matter what, even if nothing happens.

I understand that people should have some money available in a designated stash just in case they fuck up someone else's ride, and everyone should have to have one up to a certain amount. But this paying in to third parties with no cap is pure robbery, plain and simple, and nobody does anything about it.

It's no different than some mafia guy coming to you and extorting you for protection payments, but it's government forced. Added to that, the scumbags do everything not to pay out, then raise your rates when ever they do.

Remind me again why there exists people that trust the government? Fuckin idiots making corporate slaves of us all.

Lol. Alright, bucko. There are unDOUBTEDLY lots of horseshit insurance situations, but you're going overboard with your criticisms.

Insurance is one of the best ideas humans have come up with. Again, it gets abused and manipulated and is the way powerful people grift even more money from poor people in many cases, but the idea is brilliant and it allows so many things in society.

Maybe 1 percent of the population has enough money to be able to put in a designated stash in case of an accident - these can run into the millions. Almost none of us would be able to afford to risk driving, or owning a home.

Many people see very good sense in the concept of paying a small amount every month in order to protect themselves against losing everything in a fire. There are people who abuse it and fuck it up for everyone, but in principle, it's one of the best ideas humans have had.

Back