Whats the simplest, easiest takedown in real life?

sorry about that...
For those living in a hot hell there is variant of kouchi gari where you plant your foot behind opponent leading foot and push with shoulder. You do not even need a grip for that.

Run at somebody and fall on them, like the 'trust fall' lmao.

I actually think its something like this once you're not shirtless on a beach in Rio myself.

Jerk them forward a little then drive their head over their back foot with your grip as you move into their space and the average person is falling. You may not even need do actually do a Kouchi Gari you can probably just run them over once you have them unbalanced.

This moves seems to work best if you have long arms. The longer your arms the further you can push opponent away without letting go of their jacket.

Put your arms on his biceps and push a fuckermother.

When you back him up, sweep your foot behind his lagging foot as he is backpedaling while twisting him down.

Some pajama boys call this de ashi barai. But you know kicking a fools leg out can show up in a lot of situations.

If he tries to push back, then duck under to the back.

The added bonus being the fact that you're also jamming his arms, making it difficult for him to try and trow ands or pull something without you in control.

Alternatives or situational matters;

1. If you have space and momentum, double legs are, in my opinion and as a general rule, more reliable, less energy intensive, and less prone to shit going pear-shaped in weird ways than tunnel visioning on a single (in most forms). Hit a clean pickup and slam. Changing levels and shooting for a high dive bodylock, or coming up from the hips into a bodylock, is also functionally isometric for this use-case.

2. If you are in a phone booth or you (can) push the other guy into a wall, jam your underhook in and screw it up into a crossface/further underhook, head position to increase neck pressure even more, and get wrist control or bicep tie on the free arm, thus locking both his arms up, while leaving you free to knee him in the nuts (or body or inner thigh if you're not hardxcore). You could also throw him by fully to take the back, or hook the leg and twist/sweep him down, if you like.

Last edited:
I've only been in one fight in my life. It was in college and some angry drunk came at me.

He ran at me, I changed my level and hit him with a double leg.

I think the reason why it worked was because he was the one that initiated the attack. I used his momentum against him.

Crap, now that I think of it, it was not unlike Gall's takedown of CM Punk.

Now, if I were the one that engaged in the attack, I doubt the takedown would have worked.

This requieres a jacket, not very useful unless you live somewhere where is constantly cold as fuck. In my cou try we get at most 1 month of cold at year...

Does it really require a jacket? Can't you grab a guy by his shirt collar to create that initial jerk reaction?

Let the great Sensei show you.
steven_seagal_gives_martial_arts_masterclass_in_russia_25th_may_2015-1.gif

Easier said than done imo, a triceps grip isn’t close to be as strong a sleeve grip...
Guys, you are over complicating this. The video shows competitive judo execution where the other guy has excellent balance and posture as well as grips on you. You have to have perfect whipping motion with your wrists, excellent timing and positioning to overcome that. An ordinary Joe can barely walk without falling and does not need much to stumble and fall down.

As I described before, plant your foot behind opponent's leading foot, scoop it and push the guy with your shoulder. You should be 90 degrees to the guy when you do that. If he did not fall and managed to step over planted foot you finish with reaping other foot from inside (ouchi gari).

For sure either body lock or double. Doesn’t matter how you finish, it’s capturing the lock or the hips that makes the TD happen. Once you get a body lock or capture the hips with a double, you have to almost affirmatively work hard *not* to take an untrained opponent down at that point. They will be falling no matter what you do.

Other stuff is too low percentage or relatively shitty against an upright striking nogi posture.

honestly, imo tomoe nage is ridiculously easy to use, and high percentage, although it's not what you're probably looking for. osoto gari and seoi nage come up next for me. I've never drilled the double leg enough to use it well, but those three throws have always worked for me.

Jordan burroughs
But its one of the hardest doubles to hit as far as technique.

The best double that requires the least technique was Stephan Neal blast double.

I have coached thousands of athletes. The one thing I try to do with beginners, is teach them things that heavyweights use well. Heavyweights are smart. They can score points, they take little risk, they dont rely on difficult technique, and they use moves that are energy efficient. These are things that new wrestlers should focus on.

I think this is a wake up call for you to work on your stand up though. Not a bad idea since most randoms will basically just throw either haymakers or straight punches. A little footwork and head movement goes a long way against a noob. Plus, clinch work is big.

Gotta be complete homie. That's really what UFC eventually proved. Grappling is dominant, but not invincible. You gotta know the whole game.

But if you can't take them down and you don't know how to stand up, pull guard and sweep. Most guys don't know how to defend a good sweep.

Seriously. TS essentially complained that while not training takedowns his takedowns suck on untrained people.

I've seen four year old kids get the takedown as easily as hugging another kid and they keep walking until the kid trips. Body lock and drag if you will.

Either, double unders, one arm trapped or both arms trapped. If you body lock around the small of the back and pull in while driving into their chest with your head they will fold over like laundry, making the outside trip a mere formality.

Yep this is the simplest one. I got decked hard by this guy after a bar and fell right into him, bear hugged him and slammed him on the ground and got into mount easily. Didn't even need to use the trip because I was amazed at how much stronger I was than him even though he was the taller guy I was in much better shape.

Back