What's wrong with Weidman?

Akin to mcgregor? Weidman is nothing like conor,personality wise
You have to understand the sense of "like McGregor" I meant, I see some people didn't understand, I should have explained it better:

Weidman is full of himself, akin to McGregor, yet while McGregor is funny/witty/reckless, he's just annoying/whiny, still both guy firmly believe that they're the only one around.

You have to understand the sense of "like McGregor" I meant, I see some people didn't understand, I should have explained it better:

Weidman is full of himself, akin to McGregor, yet while McGregor is funny/witty/reckless, he's just annoying/whiny, still both guy firmly believe that they're the only one around.
He should think hes the only one around and be full of himself. Why should he care about these other guys trying to take what he wants.

He should think hes the only one around and be full of himself. Why should he care about these other guys trying to take what he wants.
Being full of yourself is what made Silva vs. Weidman 1 happen.

Go ahead, be full of yourself...

Being full of yourself is what made Silva vs. Weidman 1 happen.

Go ahead, be full of yourself...
I dont believe silva was overconfident. He knew he was getting his ass kicked and needed trickery to win,but zigged when he should have zagged.

He is cocky at times (most top athletes are) but he is no where in the same league as McGregor, Colby Covington, Bisping, Rockhold. I have not heard be disrespectful to an opponent before, during, or after a fight. I believe that his talking about Jesus causes people to be harder on him than other cocky fighters. (ala Matt Hughes) Also his dad doesn't help him be liked.

Last edited:
I try to get in his position and think if he has any grounds on what he wants (next TS). After going 1-3 (?), Romero putting on a great performance and of course Souza who is long overdue a shot, i can't think of a legitimate reason he might believe he actually should be next for a TS. I might be missing something but even Gastelum should be ahead after a win over the former champion.

It is also a bad sport to talk down on a fellow fighter that has suffered a loss that should be familiar to yourself.
Weidman vs Jacare. Winner gets next title shot after Romero/Whittaker bout. Who else is even close to deserving a title shot (Rockhold? Gastelum? both coming off of bad losses)

What? All the guy's fights I remember seeing were entertaining. Like, way above-average on the excitement scale.
From what I recall he wasn't an exciting fighter, but at the same time he wasn't boring either, therefore I decided to shoot for a "in no way an exciting fighter", still that "in no way" sounded a little bad, but "he isn't an exciting fighter" would sound even worse. Can I say he's the middle brother between Phil Davis and Jones/Silva?

That's an interesting post, thank you. I think he should fight maybe Brunson or Branch before facing someone in the top 5, mind that he's fighting someone underranked therefore he's expected to win (I don't think he'll have much trouble), then he'll be at 2-3, a better place to argue for a contender dispute with someone top 5.
I don't think that far from a tittle shot, one easy win, one hard win -> title shot, right?

All in all I agree with everything you said, the only difference between us is that this attitude from Weidman on Twitter is really cringe/shameful, were him like "I'm waiting for whoever UFC gives me" he would fare a lot better, but instead he tries to be arrogant and sound like the biggest douche in UFC, wtf Weidman?

Last, but not least, Jacare had a real close decision over Rockhold (that's what we call and Weidman argument, or Weidment for close ones), and he's not getting younger, we should give him the next MW chance before he gets too old, same applies to Romero (in fact, in case either of them gets the title shot and wins the other should fight him right next).

I hope you've not included yourself in, most of what I read from you are passionate/aggressive stuff, I'm honestly sorry for being that blunt, but it's a sincere opinion.

Take a look on what he said, he came up with a good reasonable argument instead of saying something regarding Anderson Silva. It's weird how Weidman's fans can't get past Silva, like, you can't say that Weidman did fuck up with that spinning stunned turtle kick against Rockhold without someone insinuating that you're a Silva nuthugger, that's the point when you frown and move on.

In fact, Weidman did well throwing that kick, he turned himself into a better showman, he took risk just like Silva used to do, it sucks that that kick was terrible and cost him the fight, but on the other hand had him landed a valid Barboza over Rockhold we would all be glad! Weidman does show more aggression than the average wrestler, like GSP/DC/Davis/Khabib, and I dig it.
I include myself in. I'll wait for you to prove I am not. People discredit Weidman's wins over Silva all the time. There is nothing illegitimate about either Weidman win. He knocked Silva out cold the first time. What is illogical about that? Silva had a freak injury, breaking his leg on a checked leg kick? What is illogical about that? Nothing because it is factually what happened. Silva was wrecking everyone before Weidman, with the exception of Chael having success. Weidman beat Silva fair and square. Nothing illogical about that. Weidman had close fights with Romero, Moose and Rockhold. He got stopped brutally against Rockhold and Romero and there was nothing illegitimate about either one's win over him.; Great wins, like most will say but then will flip and say Weidman sucks one sentence later, which is ILLOGICAL because that is factually not true.

If refs did what happened to Weidman in the Moose fight, there would be a fuck ton of stoppages and people would be complaining non-stop on these boards but alas, it was Weidman so it's ok. Cute double standards. Had the roles been reversed and Moose was stopped in that manner, I am 99.9% sure there would be numerous threads bitching about the stoppage and saying the Weidman win is bs but alas, it happened to Weidman and not for Weidman so it's ok.

Explain to me what I said that was illogical about Weidman. I'll give you a hint..... nothing is the answer.

Sounds like my passion just triggered you. That's it.

He is the most underrated MW in the world.

He can beat anyone and the majority act like he is terrible but they also have no issue crediting Luke, Romero or Moose as Weidman being a great win when they make a case for said fighter's greatness.

I find it hilarious and quite odd at the same time.

He wrecked Silva, who was loved by many here and that is the majority of where the hatred towards him stems from.

He’s only looked superb against Dinosaurs, mostly old, off the juice Brazilians.

He didn’t even wreck Silva. Silva was clowning and having fun but made a mistake both times.

He’s only looked superb against Dinosaurs, mostly old, off the juice Brazilians.

He didn’t even wreck Silva. Silva was clowning and having fun but made a mistake both times.
lol if that's how you wanna take it. Sure, that's how it went down.

Silva was off the juice eh? Based off what, exactly? USADA not even being in the UFC yet? Mmmmmmmk.

17 fight win streak Silva going into the Weidman fight was "just a dinosaur" eh? Weidman was given a shot to win by like 15 people on all of Sherdog when the fight was coming up.

You prove my point from my original post.

He's fought the best of the best his entire career. Weidman haters are fucking annoying.

Weidman just sucks and is the worst case of overhyping I've ever seen at Sherdog.

He had competitive fights in all his losses to the best MWs in the world.

Only 2 of the 3 losses were legit anyway. That Moose loss is one of the biggest crocks of shit in UFC history.

Actually the Moose loss is the worst one of all because Weidman was so broken mentally that he blatantly quit. A no mas is worse than even a nuclear KTFO like Romero delivered on him.

I include myself in. I'll wait for you to prove I am not. People discredit Weidman's wins over Silva all the time. There is nothing illegitimate about either Weidman win. He knocked Silva out cold the first time. What is illogical about that? Silva had a freak injury, breaking his leg on a checked leg kick? What is illogical about that? Nothing because it is factually what happened. Silva was wrecking everyone before Weidman, with the exception of Chael having success. Weidman beat Silva fair and square. Nothing illogical about that. Weidman had close fights with Romero, Moose and Rockhold. He got stopped brutally against Rockhold and Romero and there was nothing illegitimate about either one's win over him.; Great wins, like most will say but then will flip and say Weidman sucks one sentence later, which is ILLOGICAL because that is factually not true.

If refs did what happened to Weidman in the Moose fight, there would be a fuck ton of stoppages and people would be complaining non-stop on these boards but alas, it was Weidman so it's ok. Cute double standards. Had the roles been reversed and Moose was stopped in that manner, I am 99.9% sure there would be numerous threads bitching about the stoppage and saying the Weidman win is bs but alas, it happened to Weidman and not for Weidman so it's ok.

Explain to me what I said that was illogical about Weidman. I'll give you a hint..... nothing is the answer.

Sounds like my passion just triggered you. That's it.
TL;DR - I agree with your mind, but I disagree with your soul/heart/will.

Ok, I'm gonna explain it, please understand that it's nothing regarding Weidman or Silva, but you.

First and foremost, this thread is about why Weidman is so self-centered, why the hell do he thinks he's the only one deserving a title shot even though he's a bit far from that, so anything Sillva related is drifting off limits, sadly plenty of Weidman fans keep bringing that fight back from the grave, it seems that after almost 5 years after Silva, Weidman's life still revolve around him.

I agree with everything you said, Weidman won fair and square, I also agree with the other side that their first fight was more of a Silva loss than anything else, it's undeniable that Silva wasn't taking Weidman seriously and he paid the price for it. But let's skip the Silva vs. Weidman analysis because that was discussed aplenty before, ok?

Now, one a closely related talk what if we agree that you're allowed to say that Weidman was winning up until he lost against Rockhold/Moose/Romero as long as you recognize that both Silva fights were pretty weird when compared to almost any other fight ever. The other way around is also valid, the only fault is when you act one way towards Weidman and other towards Silva.

Either way, scratch that, just let us try to talk about Weidman without mentioning Silva at all, I really refrained from mentioning that because I wanted to focus more on Weidman's way of behaving, that annoys me up to a certain amount, I still have expectations on him: I'd like to see a wrestler that is able to actually submit people instead of LNP, but all I get is a frustrated fighter that sounds bitter every time he opens his mouth/keyboard. All that American Jesus talk is also terrible, akin to Cuban Jesus and Brazilian Jesus (Belfort).

Yes, your passion caught me, but not enough to make me passionate back (which is good, otherwise we would be acting like children calling one-another names and posting memes, cringeworthy for both sides), I do enjoy talking a lot more when the other side has his mind over his heart. Remember that guy I quoted where you liked his post and I liked his post as well? He just had a solid argument, were it "Weidman beat Silva, get lost!" or "Weidman almost won all fights!" I'd just ignore it.

Let's keep up the good work, deal?

So many weirdos obsessed with Weidman. Did him doing a number on Anderson really hurt you all that bad?

The gum & the chain are triggering to people who cant pull the look off.

200_d.gif

Back