What's Your Current Favorite Company/Brand Of Shoot Interviews?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It's not something i just discovered; I probably found them over a year ago, but I really like the "Breaking Kayfabe" shoots put out by Kayfabe Commentaries. The premise of the unnerves is that the wrestlers interviewed led more interesting lives outside of pro wrestling than in pro wrestling. Not all the Breaking Kayfabe shoots are great but there are some I think are great: Shane Douglas, Kevin Nash, and Raven. Kevin Nash in general is one of my favorite subjects for shoot interviews. he has a cool laid back and intelligent style that I enjoy. The interviewer for Kayfabe Commentaries is the guy I consider easily the best interviewer in the shoot interview business. The difference in the level of competency between him and the rest is quite significant.

The only exception to that I'd say is the Back To The Territories line put out by Kayfabe Commentaries also and hosted by Jim Cornette. Jim is incredibly knowledgeable about the history of the territories and he tends to get good conversation out of whoever his subject is. In fact, there are two DVDs in which Cornette interviews Bill Watts which were part of the now out of print ROH Straight Shooting series and they're both excellent. Watts is remarkably competent and intelligent and Cornette gets a lot of goo stories out of him.

It's too bad that the ROH Straight Shooting series is now out of print because along with the two Bill Watts shoots (with Cornette as the interviewer), they have some other very interesting and entertaining shoots such as Ken Patera (3 hours in which he tells interesting stories regarding early days with Ric Flair and also about Wahoo Mcdaniels' divorces and Wahoo coming home to an empty one because his wife had taken all their possessions. The Mick Foley shoot is cool and as far as I know it's the only shoot interview Mick Foley ever did.

Kayfabe Commentaries is pretty good. RF Video does alot of good ones too

Any of the Lanny Poffo ones.

"The only penis I've ever had in my mouth is my own."

Kayfabe Commentaries and RF videos used to produce a lot more content. I miss that.

Back