Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Latino

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • Spanish

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • South Asian

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters
As a proud Black Eskimo Jew who can speak Spanish, I am here to inform you that your poll is race cis.

I'm actually good friends with a guy who is Inuit/Dutch and speaks French.

I understand that "Spanish" isn't a ethnicity, but it's certainly different to the other Europeans who were less effected by the Moorish conquests. .

We were not effected by the moors though especially on a genetic level. I dont know why this is such a common misconception WE WERE FUCKING SWARTHY SINCE THE GREEKS WERE RECORDING US IN THEIR HISTORY GOD DAMN IT.

Jewish and Caucasian. One choice isn't enough.

You had best recognize

Hey that Vietnamese guy said the N word!! So is that racist and warranting of a blindside assault?

Or is it only bad if a white person says it? Man this is so confusing.

Is Caucasian an ethnicity? Isn't it a race? I thought ethnicity was more like what nation you're from, ethnic Pole, ethnic Russian, ethnic Chinese etc but maybe I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

@Tropodan

Where is Pakistani/Indian and South Asia in general? That's like 20% of the world's population omitted lol. Unless you mean they are Asian, in which case i agree.

<{ohyeah}>

Is Caucasian an ethnicity? Isn't it a race? I thought ethnicity was more like what nation you're from, ethnic Pole, ethnic Russian, ethnic Chinese etc but maybe I don't know wtf I'm talking about.

Fuck I don't know, I just didn't want to use "race" in the title ok.

@Tropodan

Where is Pakistani/Indian and South Asia in general? That's like 20% of the world's population omitted lol. Unless you mean they are Asian, in which case i agree.

<{ohyeah}>

I do believe the are Asian but I agree South Asian should be added. I'll add it now.

To be fair, it's hard to define ethnicity anyway, so I picked the most common ones that people tend to say they identify with. I understand that "Spanish" isn't a ethnicity, but it's certainly different to the other Europeans who were less effected by the Moorish conquests. Also, the people of Spanish are absent of any native blood the rest of the spanish speaking world has.

This answer plus the options that you put up there tell me that you seem to think that ethnicity is just another word for race.

IT IS NOT.

Most of the commonalities that lead people to think of themselves as part of an ethnic group are culturally based: common language, common history, common culture, common religion, etc. Common ancestry is just one more piece of the whole and not necessarily the most important one. Genetically speaking the people of Turkey probably have vastly more in common with the Greeks than they have with any of the Turkic peoples of Asia but you just try telling the Turks they're "ethnically" Greek.

Black is not an ethnicity. An African-American does not have the same cultural underpinnings to their identity as an Afro-Caribbean and neither of them will share practically anything other than skin color with a Tutsi or a Zulu or an Ethiopian. They will speak different languages, tell different stories, worship different gods and even when it's the same god they will view Him differently.

Caucasian is not an ethnicity. You randomly single out the Spanish as "different" from the other Europeans, but the cultural, linguistic, religious and genetic difference between any single European ethnic group and all the others is probably as varied as the one between the Spanish and everyone else.

There can be no possible good outcome to answering the OP lol. This is the WR room after all. It's like arming your opponent for the dirty politics arena that this is.

We were not effected by the moors though especially on a genetic level. I dont know why this is such a common misconception WE WERE FUCKING SWARTHY SINCE THE GREEKS WERE RECORDING US IN THEIR HISTORY GOD DAMN IT.

Unless you are Canarian.

Back