What's your martial arts story?

Used to watch wwe as kid. Then as teen saw k1 on tv and got hooked watching every week, every show. At 17 someone from school asked me if I wanted to come to boxing class. Didn't think twice. That's it.

I can try to tell myself I'm not a victim but I'm not a fan of lying so idk what you want me to do.

I set out to prevent people from fucking with me again and I succeeded.

You're not smart because you're addicted to moralistic buzzwords.. or because you're siding with people who need to get put in their place.

You love street fights ? But it's because "they" disrespected you first ? Maybe you're just from a rough area.

It was the martial arts movies as a kid for me. Always wanted to be able to do those JCVD high kicks etc, but was never confident enough to go try out anywhere, and my friends had no interest in anything like that.
Joined a gym instead at 18, and got bigger, which i thought was something. Then through that, i gained confidence in all aspects of life, then went along to try kickboxing in my mid 20s.
Enjoyed it,and racked up belts with a few competitions, then i had a hip problem that caused me to stop for surgery.

Months later, i tried to go back, but the hip thing never really made it possible. So i decided to try BJJ as i approached 30, and the same thing, i progressed well enough, loved it, but my body was my issue. Always getting injuries, which caused me to have regular breaks from it unfortunately after a few years. And i trained at high level places, so i couldnt get away with not training regularly, or with bad shoulders/ knee/ back , so that took me into boxing , where so far, the body has been ok, bar a few minor things.

Been boxing for a couple years now, and the gym is more relaxed, so im not getting killed sparring every session. Plus a lot of the guys in white collar, are obviously around my age and ability, so it suits so far.

Obviously its a bummer that my KB and BJJ journeys ended before id have liked, but im now content that i still have a MA hobby, and am keeping in good shape for my age.

A combination of factors, I suppose. I was bullied by my older brother and his friends as a kid, then my mom remarried and my step-dad abused all of us (at least it united my brother and I), got molested and bullied by my step-sister, bullied at school and had extreme social anxiety around women because of the sexual abuse. I also grew up obsessed with Dragon Ball and Naruto, Shaw Bros. and Bruce Lee movies, my papa grew up doing Boxing and loved the 70s/80s Boxing scene and I watched a lot that coming up. Fast forward to me being 18, I had attempted suicide once and failed, made a friend who was really toxic and mean and walked all over me, but he also introduced me to the UFC. One day I was going on about how I wish they just had the standup stuff and no grappling, and he said "Yeah, they have that. It's called Glory." He showed me Nieky Holzken VS Raymond Daniels 1 (coincidentally, my future coach fought on that same card) and for the first time in my life I felt a fire in my heart and I knew in that moment that I wanted to be a professional Kickboxer. I was 5'9", 220 lbs and had a lot of issues with substance abuse and absolutely zero experience even working out. I had no clue what went into being a fighter. I didn't tell anyone about it at the time, and I never really understood why I had that this compulsion to fight in me, but I buried it deep down and went back to my bad habits. One year later, I attempted suicide again and luckily failed again. After that attempt, I decided that I was going to completely change my life; I hated everything about it, so I figured whatever I forced to change couldn't be much worse. I forced myself to smile, signed up at a local Muay Thai gym, and when I walked in I felt that fire in my heart that I felt when watching Holzken VS Daniels. I fucked around a ton for the first two years, had a really hard time breaking the bad habits I had built up over the course of my life, and then I decided I had to go to Thailand see what a fighter's life is really like. I went there in 2019, came back and switched to a Kickboxing gym that was geared towards competition and my life was transformed. Fighting has helped me conquer years of abuse and exploitation, social anxiety, self-hatred, depression, etc. It was the first thing I had that me feel like I had real worth and wasn't just a waste of space. I met my wife through martial arts, made dear friends, gave me a path in life -- it has given me everything. My coach wants me to turn pro in 2025 if I am able to win against some high level opponents this year, and I will shed so many tears the day I acquire my professional license. To me, it's like what a black belt is often likened to in Karate: it is not a symbol that you have mastered the art, but that the journey is truly beginning.

My brother Eric is an American kickboxing pro, helped by Kurt(me) in his quest for glory. But when we went to Thailand to take on legendary fighter Dong Go. The opponent viciously beats my brother and leaves him paralyzed. Swearing vengeance, I tracks down master Chan and begins learning the sport by myself while also getting caught up in criminal intrigue involving thuggish crime boss Freddy Li.
Do you happen to be an excellent dancer that does a great splits?

Do you happen to be an excellent dancer that does a great splits?
I am the best at those things. It didn’t come too easy though. I had to slowly increase my flexibility by binding my ankles to some pulleys+rope while my master pulled on them.

Dancing only happens when I am drunk though. I don’t dance when I am sober.

Okay seriously though.

I don't like street fights. I like winning fights.

On the contrary, I'm from a pretty okay area full of overly confident idiots who never got the piss kicked out of them in their lives.

I reckon in a rough area people are generally more respectful because they've actually been beaten before.

How old are you ? What country are you from ? Does the police come during any of your fights ?

Okay seriously though.

I don't like street fights. I like winning fights.

On the contrary, I'm from a pretty okay area full of overly confident idiots who never got the piss kicked out of them in their lives.

I reckon in a rough area people are generally more respectful because they've actually been beaten before.
Really rough area is where you will be lucky after conflict had been warming up ....will get 1 vs 1 and unarmed. In best case. This already will be good luck.
___

I've only ever had the system contact me after the fact. People hate getting consequences for their actions.

I guess their parents used "gentle parenting" or something.

My point.
I honestly don't think I'd make it long in one of those places where you have to people-please like a bitch ("play the system") to avoid getting stabbed or something.

I don't know why we don't quarantine such places and then blow them tf up. That kind of culture serves absolutely no purpose to the advancement of humanity.

Oh wait, it'd be "racist" or someshit. 🙄

White trash detected

(I'm white I can say it)

I've only ever had the system contact me after the fact. People hate getting consequences for their actions.

My point.
I honestly don't think I'd make it long in one of those places where you have to people-please like a bitch ("play the system") to avoid getting stabbed or something.

I don't know why we don't quarantine such places and then blow them tf up. That kind of culture serves absolutely no purpose to the advancement of humanity.

Sounds like you should be in the war room and not in f11
Okay wigger
Not familiar with the term. Explain?

Not familiar with the term. Explain?
Haha you seriously never heard that term? It’s pretty old school. It means white n word.
Eminem used to get called that a lot in the 2000’s.

Basically a white person who embraces black culture

I lile black music and entertainment, I'll take it

Though I remember it more as wanna be black guy, specially before every race started doing rap music.

Haha you seriously never heard that term? It’s pretty old school. It means white n word.
Eminem used to get called that a lot in the 2000’s.

That would be cultural appropriation. The internet told me that was bad.

I like fighting. Not angry fight random people. But competitive fighting for sport. Done MMA, grappling tourneys, fencing, HEMA, armored combat (buhurt). Would have liked to compete in both boxing and kickboxing. Plus I like the technical aspect of martial arts and the training. It is also good way to stay in shape and blow off steam. Which are both most people could very much use.

My point.

I had to live in such areas when I was teen.
Cos cheapest rent in city.
Like from middle class kid till rough hood.
Then slow climb up.
Therefore clip in my signature paritally resembles my youth reality.....

And interestingly in this block building I had a lot of neighbours with criminal background and no one had attempeted to invade our apartment ....
Street does have rules and ofc such shit isn't good for young guys etc.... I agree.

I don't know what f11 is. Looked it up and found a brand of surface cleaner or something.

And yeah. Also used for white people who defend ghetto shit.. by me.
Right. So you’re calling people the n
Word. Cool. Cool cool cool.

I had started not cos belts or SD.
I was kid, school had rythmics class [ not mandarory ] ( subsidised ) and teacher afforded to tell that I do have big problems and in dancing class I had instructor with very high requirements....too strict for me.
While PE teacher told that I'm normal kid.
Then for fight stuff one club allowed to learn and I never had cared about belts etc....
For fights vs kids like me I then already had some natural tools to use...
Like I really regret that I didn't had opted for grappling when I was teen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back