What's your next purchase? v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last thread hit 1000.

Finished up my last AR build, just need the optics.

xvosfrdar15.jpg

Considering the Vortex Strikefire. Relatively cheap and decently rated dot sight.

Looking to murder some children with that?

I'm thinking of getting a mainspring housing and hienie ledge sights for my kimber. Also getting the barrel finished since kimber doesn't put any finishing on most of their barrels, which is why mine has surface rust. Also want some iron sights for my sig 522 so I can practice co-witness with the eotech (which is my ar15 set up).

I'd like to get my hands on a 2nd gen Silent Soldier

SSGen2W.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a mainspring housing and hienie ledge sights for my kimber. Also getting the barrel finished since kimber doesn't put any finishing on most of their barrels, which is why mine has surface rust. Also want some iron sights for my sig 522 so I can practice co-witness with the eotech (which is my ar15 set up).

My CDP II has some rust on the barrel too. It's a damn shame to have such a sexy pistol that has a rusty barrel.

Last edited:

My CDP II has some rust on the barrel too. It's a damn shame to have such a sexy pistol that'sgot a rusty barrel.

My CDP II has some rust on the barrel too. It's a damn shame to have such a sexy pistol that'sgot a rusty barrel.

I'm thinking of sending off the barrel to robar for their np3 finish. It's supposedly around $50 which isn't too big of problem. Kimber needs to step up its game.

Thinking of getting a G32 barrel for my Glock 23 so I can shoot .357 sig out of it.

$100 from CTD or $140 from Glockmeister.

Anyone try this yet?

The .40 S&W and .357 sig mags are the same size, and the barrels have the same external dimensions. Should work.

Last edited:
I'd like to get my hands on a 2nd gen Silent Soldier

That's a neat looking blade, how does it work? Do you carry it in a sheath? What are those three smaller holes for?

Thinking of getting a G32 barrel for my Glock 23 so I can shoot .357 sig out of it.

$100 from CTD or $140 from Glockmeister.

Anyone try this yet?

The .40 S&W and .357 sig mags are the same size, and the barrels have the same external dimensions. Should work.

Lone Wolf is an amazing company for glocks, I got my dad a replacement barrel for his glock 36 and it works beautifully.

Found out my pre-ordered M&P Shield isn't gonna be here til June-July, so I put the M&P9 on layaway:

I really like the m&p 9, nice choice. I didn't realize there was still such a long wait on the shields.

I really like the m&p 9, nice choice. I didn't realize there was still such a long wait on the shields.

Thanks! I unfortunately live in California and pre-ordered the CA Compliant version (got it at a deal for $399) and they only started making it during December. :(

Found out my pre-ordered M&P Shield isn't gonna be here til June-July, so I put the M&P9 on layaway:
Can't go wrong with an M&P. That sucks about the Shield man, keep your head up though because it lives up to the hype. Recoil similar to a G26. Honestly I think it has slightly less recoil than the G26 and the trigger is a little better.

My shield:
IMAG0419.jpg

Can't go wrong with an M&P. That sucks about the Shield man, keep your head up though because it lives up to the hype. Recoil similar to a G26. Honestly I think it has slightly less recoil than the G26 and the trigger is a little better.

My shield:
IMAG0419.jpg

Indeed! Grats on yours! Mine is gonna look a bit different cause of the "Tactical Loaded Chamber Indicator" I hope this doesn't limit my options for holsters/accessories.

187021_01_lg.jpg

How much did you pay for your Shield, Quick Shot?

Got it off Gallery of Guns. After all the fees and taxes it was $432 out the door. There's a local shop that sells them for $340 OTD but the waiting list has hundreds of people on it. I think I paid a fair price considering you can't find them in stock anywhere.

That's a neat looking blade, how does it work? Do you carry it in a sheath? What are those three smaller holes for?.

Yeah you carry it in a sheath. It's fairly small so it makes a pretty good neck knife. The holes provide different ways of gripping the knife.

Got it off Gallery of Guns. After all the fees and taxes it was $432 out the door. There's a local shop that sells them for $340 OTD but the waiting list has hundreds of people on it. I think I paid a fair price considering you can't find them in stock anywhere.

How does gallery of guns work?

How does gallery of guns work?

It seems confusing but ultimately it's really simple. I'll try to explain it using my purchase as an example.

When you use GOG/Davidson's gun genie(search engine) and you find something in stock you'll open up a request with your zip code. There they have a list of FFLs which they deal with. It's not like Buds where you can choose which FFL you want. I'm guessing GOG/Davidson's has a deal with certain FFLs throughout the country.

Every store prices the gun differently and has different transfer fees. The store I used has a transfer fee of $30 which is on the high side but it priced the actual gun at a lower rate($369) than others. So it's the price the store agrees to sell it at + FFL fee+ sales tax. GOG requires a 25% deposit(of MSRP) on purchase which was $112 in my case. They shipped the gun out and I paid the store $320 when I went to pick the gun up for a total of $432.

It sounds complicated but that's all behind the scenes. It's just as simple as buying something from Amazon or anywhere else. You don't have to deal with contacting the FFL or sending any paperwork to anybody. You search for the gun, choose the store with the best overall price, and you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back