What's your next purchase? v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the G21 Gen 4 FDE we got in and a Kel-Tec Sub2k in 9mm Sig mags.

Pumped to take these home.

Sub2k? I thought those were a myth. I saw one at a gun show once....

Like 85% sure I'm going to pick up a Ruger LCR in 357 on my next next check(Feb 14th lol).

Like 85% sure I'm going to pick up a Ruger LCR in 357 on my next next check(Feb 14th lol).

Pass on the LCR, the .357s do not hold up well, I'd say we're seeing a 40%~50% warranty claim rate in the first year on those.

Five weeks ago there was a free shipping deal from Brownell's so I took advantage of it by ordering a dozen .50 ammo cans. They finally arrived. Parcel weighed about 60 lbs. I'm guessing that cost about $100 to ship. At 17.99 per can with no tax or shipping I'm feeling really good about the purchase.

My shop gets one every 6 months or so. I saw this right when we got it and picked it up. $399

What caliber?

I was thinking of getting one of these in 223, just because it was cheap, and wasn't an evil AR15, since I could still screw a can on it, and stick my Night scope on it. I could fit in, be a normal respectable looking fellow in the field.

Saw an Axis or whatever they call it at Academy, for $249.

If I wasn't broke I'd consider it further.

by the by, a fellow at the last 1000 yard match I went to had one of those, same action, had a slightly heavier barrel and a different stock, forget what they call those, its costs more, but for a pull out of the box gun, it shot pretty good. Anyway you slice it 1000 yards is a long ass way to sling a pill.

Still looking for some glass to put on it. I may go with a Sightron SIII for this one.

That's cool, I like having 3 to 4 power on the bottom end of my scopes. Gonna see if I can find one in Canada.

I was hunting for First Focal plane scopes, and that was the best quality for the price I could find.

Japanese glass!

Weaver just doesn't have the cool brand factor it used to, so they've discounted it.

A lot!

Picked up a Tokarev the other day. Thinking I might pick up a Makarov now. Anyone have any experience with the Baikal Makarovs?

So indecisive it's incredible. I want a revolver, there is no getting around that. There's a gun show two weeks from now and I plan on picking something up. Guns in my price range that I'm considering are a 686P, 627 Pro Series, GP100 Match Champion, or a 625. I was looking at the LCR but I think I'd rather just get a "full size(4-5") revolver before anything that I could carry.

Looking for a Springfield Champion Operator 1911. Anyone know what these are going for new or used in your area? Seem to be some pretty big price swings on gunbroker. I'd ideally like to find a trade for my Sig 1911.

So indecisive it's incredible. I want a revolver, there is no getting around that. There's a gun show two weeks from now and I plan on picking something up. Guns in my price range that I'm considering are a 686P, 627 Pro Series, GP100 Match Champion, or a 625. I was looking at the LCR but I think I'd rather just get a "full size(4-5") revolver before anything that I could carry.

I recently picked up a ruger sp101 Spurless in 357 and love it.

Looking for a Springfield Champion Operator 1911. Anyone know what these are going for new or used in your area? Seem to be some pretty big price swings on gunbroker. I'd ideally like to find a trade for my Sig 1911.

I saw one for ~$1400 at my LGS yesterday. May be high though, because all their 1911s were in the 1000-1500+ range--even the range officer.

I saw one for ~$1400 at my LGS yesterday. May be high though, because all their 1911s were in the 1000-1500+ range--even the range officer.

Motherfucker, that's expensive!

Motherfucker, that's expensive!

I know, right? They have some really overpriced pieces and some low priced but quality gear, but all the 1911s are ridiculous. An entire cabinet--probably 40+ 1911s, all of them over a $1000, including basic S&W and Springfield models like the range officer.

But I don't complain, Bought my FAL from them for $1400 and their ammo is always competitive with Bass Pro and Cabelas.

On the subject of ammo, had my first rimfire failure today. Was at the range sighting in my new scope (a basic 4x rimfire scope by Bushnell) and a cartridge exploded in the chamber. the rim ejected but the rest of the casing remained lodged in the chamber. there were sparks and a lot of smoke coming out of my trigger. I need to take apart my trigger assembly to make sure there's no damage.

Winchester Super X, btw--not even cheap ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back