What's your next purchase? v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right? They have some really overpriced pieces and some low priced but quality gear, but all the 1911s are ridiculous. An entire cabinet--probably 40+ 1911s, all of them over a $1000, including basic S&W and Springfield models like the range officer.

But I don't complain, Bought my FAL from them for $1400 and their ammo is always competitive with Bass Pro and Cabelas.

On the subject of ammo, had my first rimfire failure today. Was at the range sighting in my new scope (a basic 4x rimfire scope by Bushnell) and a cartridge exploded in the chamber. the rim ejected but the rest of the casing remained lodged in the chamber. there were sparks and a lot of smoke coming out of my trigger. I need to take apart my trigger assembly to make sure there's no damage.

Winchester Super X, btw--not even cheap ammo.

I wonder if what you had fell under this:

PRODUCT WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE
WINCHESTER

Looking for a CZ 97b, but it looks like i will have better luck with the RAIDERS winning a super bowl then finding a place that has this gun in stock.

Looking for a CZ 97b, but it looks like i will have better luck with the RAIDERS winning a super bowl then finding a place that has this gun in stock.

Yea they certainly aren't the easiest guns to find. Don't think I've ever seen one in person and very rarely do I find one in stock online. Wouldn't mind one with the new aluminum grips though...:icon_lol:

Got my Baikal Makarov in the mail on Friday. Really itching to take it out to the range.

Since the search for a CZ 97 is not working out at all, going to head down to my LGS this Saturday and either pick up a Glock 21 or RIA Commander 1911.

Picked up a couple Anderson Mfg stripped lowers on the cheap yesterday. Seriously thinking about doing a form 1 for one of them so I can sbr it.

Picked up a couple Anderson Mfg stripped lowers on the cheap yesterday. Seriously thinking about doing a form 1 for one of them so I can sbr it.

ATF E FORM with a trust.

Do it. Do it now. Every day you delay is a day of tears and suffering.

How difficult is it to set up a trust?

ar15.com

Armory tab in forums

General class 3 sub forum

...I cannot hope to give you all the possibilities... I personally used a lawyer in Georgia when I lived there, he did it all for me for like $250, notarized and all. Had it within 4 days. The advantages of a Trust are HUGE. HUGE MY FRIEND. HUGE. Get it done today! The world of NFA and tax stamps will open and your life will never be the same!

Went to the gun show with a friend today. It was stupid packed. Not quite post Sandy Hook but damn close at one point during the day. Probably because of the snow storm that came through earlier this week.

Anyways, we do the usual rounds around the place. He's looking for a Mini 14, I'm looking for some kind of 4" S&W or Ruger revolver. Not having much luck finding either item and when we do the prices are ridiculous. Example: Mini 14s for $850 or some guy selling a used 686+ for $750... Well he finally ends up finding a Mini 14(Ranch Rifle version) at a decent price($720) and decides to pick it up. Might have been able to save a little money online but this is instant gratification, and they're out of stock everywhere.

I'm about to give up as I can't find anything reasonable. Decide to do one final lap around the main building and right near the exit I see something that catches my eye. A used 4" 686. I check it out, no dash, everything looks good(as far as I can tell lol). The price? $500, had to pick it up. Overall it looks to be in good shape. Has a couple of scratches, could be polished, grips look worn and will be replaced(with what?). Only downside is that the barrel has been ported. Everything looks even in that regard so whatever.

As long as it fires when I take it out next week I don't think I made a bad decision seeing as this is the first revolver this 25 year old has ever owned.

IMG_0256_zps708b883d.jpg

IMG_0255_zps486ca0bb.jpg

I just paid for a Ruger SP101 .22LR, which is to serve as a sort of cheap trainer for my GP100.

Went to the gun show with a friend today. It was stupid packed. Not quite post Sandy Hook but damn close at one point during the day. Probably because of the snow storm that came through earlier this week.

Anyways, we do the usual rounds around the place. He's looking for a Mini 14, I'm looking for some kind of 4" S&W or Ruger revolver. Not having much luck finding either item and when we do the prices are ridiculous. Example: Mini 14s for $850 or some guy selling a used 686+ for $750... Well he finally ends up finding a Mini 14(Ranch Rifle version) at a decent price($720) and decides to pick it up. Might have been able to save a little money online but this is instant gratification, and they're out of stock everywhere.

I'm about to give up as I can't find anything reasonable. Decide to do one final lap around the main building and right near the exit I see something that catches my eye. A used 4" 686. I check it out, no dash, everything looks good(as far as I can tell lol). The price? $500, had to pick it up. Overall it looks to be in good shape. Has a couple of scratches, could be polished, grips look worn and will be replaced(with what?). Only downside is that the barrel has been ported. Everything looks even in that regard so whatever.

As long as it fires when I take it out next week I don't think I made a bad decision seeing as this is the first revolver this 25 year old has ever owned.

IMG_0256_zps708b883d.jpg

IMG_0255_zps486ca0bb.jpg

I've got an old 686 , mine has fixed rear sight....never seen that on another one. Very accurate revolver , you should be happy with it.

I've got an old 686 , mine has fixed rear sight....never seen that on another one. Very accurate revolver , you should be happy with it.

Yeah, Taurus bought the mold for that old 686 and call their copy a Model 68. Fine, damn accurate revolver. It can put six shots into a quarter-sized hole at 25 ft.

I picked up a 686 off my SGM who was leaving post for $400. I laughed all the way to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back