What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Yeah I'm not hauling that thing up to Alaska, I'm taking waaaay too much shit up there as it is.

I think the issue is they can't sell a gun to me as an out of state resident since I'm down here in NM with an AK I'd.

Do they have any nice glass for sale?

Yeah I'm not hauling that thing up to Alaska, I'm taking waaaay too much shit up there as it is.

I think the issue is they can't sell a gun to me as an out of state resident since I'm down here in NM with an AK I'd.

Weird. I thought it was standard for states to allow non-residents to buy long guns. Lame.

Weird. I thought it was standard for states to allow non-residents to buy long guns. Lame.

I believe it depends on the state. In WV, I can buy some rifles in Virginia no problem, but pistols and AR type guns have to be shipped to a FFL in WV. I bought my Ruger 22LR Takedown in Virginia, but I had to have my AR lower shipped to a FFL. It doesn't make much sense.

Here's the CZ SP-01 post Cajun Gun works. Not much to see since most of the work was internal except the RMR. Just put the wood grips on so I thought I'd post a pic.

CZ%20SP-01_zpsab4l7cyi.jpg

I admit I want to drop an RMR or Vortex Viper on my P80 build but something about seeing a red dot on a pistol still seems so... well, odd.

Also, @spamking, the guys at Loki Tactical just unveiled a new slide serration and cut desgin that looks super utilitarian but also not super outrageous either like some companies and I asked them and they said they hope to start doing slidecuts on slides in house without the need for customer supplied slides soon.

Their new design the 'Neo':
neo-website-19-e1501617156740.jpg

Their original designe:
Uncle_Gaspacho_Loki-Tactical.png

I admit I want to drop an RMR or Vortex Viper on my P80 build but something about seeing a red dot on a pistol still seems so... well, odd.

Also, @spamking, the guys at Loki Tactical just unveiled a new slide serration and cut desgin that looks super utilitarian but also not super outrageous either like some companies and I asked them and they said they hope to start doing slidecuts on slides in house without the need for customer supplied slides soon.

Their new design the 'Neo':
neo-website-19-e1501617156740.jpg

Their original designe:
Uncle_Gaspacho_Loki-Tactical.png

Nice . . . I might have to keep them in mind. I just want a decent looking, functional, inexpensive slide . . .

Nice . . . I might have to keep them in mind. I just want a decent looking, functional, inexpensive slide . . .
I think pricing came out to something around $400 when I looked at their site even if you ask them to Cerakote it as long as it's a basic color like OD Green or FDE.

I think pricing came out to something around $400 when I looked at their site even if you ask them to Cerakote it as long as it's a basic color like OD Green or FDE.

Sheesh . . . that's still more than I really want to spend.

I guess I just need to unload this Polymer80 kit, upper/lower parts and move on . . . all it needs is the bare slide.

I just bought one of these:
10352.jpg

goddamnit!
After 26 years and 55K+ rounds the Stock extractor broke in my 1911.

Cost was $23 clams.

Just snagged a P320 compact for 399.99 from gunbroker. I can't wait to drop it

Just snagged a P320 compact for 399.99 from gunbroker. I can't wait to drop it

Ha!, so is sig having everyone send them in or?

I've read they already fixed the issue.

It's too bad they had that issue. It's one of my favorite striker fire pistols I've shot. Nice recoil impulse, nice trigger, good ergo.

I still plan on getting an X5

So I bought this Black Hills 77gr TMK as a long range round but didn't realise how awesome it is how hd and small-medium hunting.

eb40b69ddfc7ddd33d6f86a44f4670ce.jpg

5-56-77-gr-tipped-matchking-14-5-in-barrel-10-17-2013-a.jpg

From what I've read Black hills has tested it down to 1900 fps and it still has great performance. This round is also not yaw dependent for fragmentation.

Out of an 18" it will reliably fragment out to 475 yards and at 400 yards it will be about the same fpe as some underwood 10mm.

Sheesh . . . that's still more than I really want to spend.

I guess I just need to unload this Polymer80 kit, upper/lower parts and move on . . . all it needs is the bare slide.
Yeah at this stage I'm probably just going to buy a complete G19 slide from The Glock Store and replace the sites and drop in an Agency Barrel and get the slide milling done at a later date.

Ha!, so is sig having everyone send them in or?

I've read they already fixed the issue.

It's too bad they had that issue. It's one of my favorite striker fire pistols I've shot. Nice recoil impulse, nice trigger, good ergo.

I still plan on getting an X5

P320 owners can send the gun in for a 'voluntary upgrade.' It's a new trigger, a new sear, a new sear housing, etc. All redesigned to reduce weight in the system, since the drop firings were from drop momentum actually moving the trigger as if it were pulled.

The whole thing is a little fishy, the MHS guns had the new components installed before testing. It looks like SIG already knew about the issue internally.

So I bought this Black Hills 77gr TMK as a long range round but didn't realise how awesome it is how hd and small-medium hunting.

eb40b69ddfc7ddd33d6f86a44f4670ce.jpg

5-56-77-gr-tipped-matchking-14-5-in-barrel-10-17-2013-a.jpg

From what I've read Black hills has tested it down to 1900 fps and it still has great performance. This round is also not yaw dependent for fragmentation.

Out of an 18" it will reliably fragment out to 475 yards and at 400 yards it will be about the same fpe as some underwood 10mm.

Been wanting some 77gr. to try out of the 20" .223 Wylde barrel.

P320 owners can send the gun in for a 'voluntary upgrade.' It's a new trigger, a new sear, a new sear housing, etc. All redesigned to reduce weight in the system, since the drop firings were from drop momentum actually moving the trigger as if it were pulled.

The whole thing is a little fishy, the MHS guns had the new components installed before testing. It looks like SIG already knew about the issue internally.

Crazy.

Interesting, yeah they came out with the fix immediately. I wonder if they were trying to pump out the military ones and then in a couple months roll out the recall.

I've also watched a couple others try to replicate the momentum nd and they couldn't.

Been wanting some 77gr. to try out of the 20" .223 Wylde barrel.

FGMM 77gr smk is probably more accurate than that round at 1-300 yards.

On average the most accurate factory round in the 1-200 range from all the testing/reviews I've watched read is the FGMM 69gr SMK.

Extensive 100 yard accuracy range report. Don't have to read it all, there is a lot of info before the test. Also keep in mind it's he's doing three 10 shot groups, not hand picked 3 shot groups.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...tch-Velocity-Accuracy-and-Terminal-Ballistics

FGMM 77gr smk is probably more accurate than that round at 1-300 yards.

On average the most accurate factory round in the 1-200 range from all the testing/reviews I've watched read is the FGMM 69gr SMK.

Extensive 100 yard accuracy range report. Don't have to read it all, there is a lot of info before the test. Also keep in mind it's he's doing three 10 shot groups, not hand picked 3 shot groups.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...tch-Velocity-Accuracy-and-Terminal-Ballistics

Now if I could just get someone to send me some. :(

Back