What's Your Next Purchase? V5

p_749016735_1.jpg

400 rounds
Just wondering what ammo prices are like in tne US because down here i pay $100 for 120 rounds of 223 55gr ammo and thats on special.

Just wondering what ammo prices are like in tne US because down here i pay $100 for 120 rounds of 223 55gr ammo and thats on special.

I only buy online. For factory new brass ammo it's about $250-350 per 1000 shipped depending on sales for like basic pmc, American Eagle, xm193, m855, etc.

That Hornady black 75gr was like $215 shipped for 400 rounds.

Sig is nice stuff owned 226 in 9 since I was young. Buddy has a Dan Wesson in 10mm would def if had 1800-2000 bucks to throw at it

XcDdlvu.jpg

eX5yn6j.jpg

car5b7V.jpg

YYuQK64.jpg

Prototype is a success, I already cut the excess chain. Time to buy enough of that stuff to hang 16 targets and build 3 more stands.

Last edited:
My dad picked up an AK74 the other day. It'll eventually end up at my house. Probably because he cant find ammo or magazines at Cabellas.
Apex and Kvar almost always have Russian and Bulgarian 74 mags for sale. You also have the marketplace at AKfiles. I can always find what I need there, even more rare items that are never in stock.

Prototype is a success, I already cut the excess chain. Time to buy enough of that stuff to hang 16 targets and build 3 more stands.

I like that setup. Seems like it should be sturdy enough for extended use and has some means for adjustment. I may copy that in the future when I get some space to shoot steel.

Can you own handguns in Australia?
You need to the be a ssaa member (sporting shooters of Austerlia association) then join a pistal or shooting club, complete a 6month prodation, then the club will sponser you and only then can you apply for a had gun license (cat h) if you are approved for a license you then have to complete a certain amount of competition shoots each year to retain your license.

Price wise its
Ssaa membership $100 anualy
club membership $140
Application for license $280
Firearm certifacte $180
Some clubs charge a fee for every sponsership letter up to $200 per firearm
then an anual license fee of $50.
If you dont have a safe add on the price of that and its a very expensive hobby

Im in the process at the moment.

Riffles are easier to obtain

You need to the be a ssaa member (sporting shooters of Austerlia association) then join a pistal or shooting club, complete a 6month prodation, then the club will sponser you and only then can you apply for a had gun license (cat h) if you are approved for a license you then have to complete a certain amount of competition shoots each year to retain your license.

Price wise its
club membership $140
Firearm certifacte $180

So what's then then in Australia? About the price of dinner for four? :D

Price wise its
club membership $140
Firearm certifacte $180

<30><36>

Sorry to ask but now i am curious as fuck to know what the process is for a rifle. What does that process consist of?

<30><36>

Sorry to ask but now i am curious as fuck to know what the process is for a rifle. What does that process consist of?
If you dont have a firearms license
Step 1 complete a safty awarness test at your LGS cost $25
Step 2 lodge test to local (WAPOL) western Australian police it has a 30 day cooling off peroid cost $280
Step 3 you will recieve conformation from the goverment that you can progress with your license, then you have to show proof that you have installed a safe via pictures and documentation.
Step 3 pay for firearm and recieve a serviceability certificate.
Step 4 go online and lodge certificate along with your reason (genuine need) for the rifle.
step 5 lodge forms at post office but you also have to supply a property letter from a land owner giving you permission to hunt on there property with the requested riffles (some land owners sell property letter for up to $250) cost to lodge form $180
Step 6 wait for new license to be mailed out (wait times can be from 2 week to 3months) and then you can pick your firearm up.

Any additional firearms after that you will still need to suply property letters and pay the $190

Damn, i thought we had to jump through a shit load of hurdles here in California but man you sure as hell have to go through a marathon of hurdles. Best of luck to you sir, hope you get the rifle you want, and thanks for the education.

@bushman505

Have you seen the Benchmade Altitude? Saw this and thought it might be right up your ally. Very thin, light, front jimping for precision work, razor sharp and very durable S90V. Orange one comes with a first lite fusion camo sheath.

15200%20NPA_zpsxdwlwclr.jpg

15200-org_agency_1000x310.jpg

benchmade-altitude.jpg

Benchmade-Altitude-black-BHQ-78766-er-side-large.jpg

Little review with pictures of it in action.
http://www.themeateater.com/2018/the-ultimate-backcountry-blade-benchmades-altitude

Yeah man, it’s badass. I’ll grt one for sure at some point I was waiting a long time for those to come out and I wasn’t willing to pay 15 bucks to pre order it. I love that they made it in orange.

For some reason it’s tough to convince my wife I need more knives lol. I have the hidden canyon and it’s a sweet hunting blade as well.

Damn, i thought we had to jump through a shit load of hurdles here in California but man you sure as hell have to go through a marathon of hurdles. Best of luck to you sir, hope you get the rifle you want, and thanks for the education.
Ill never be able to get the riffles I want as I cant purchase a semi auto as Im not a primary producer but Im staring to build a collection, 10 and counting. On the upside my dad just received his dealers license wich will make the procces easier. Plus it gives me the oppertunity to go on "demos" with him at farmers properties so they can test run semi autos and pump action shotguns both of which are restricted to normal folk.

Last edited:
OpticsPlanet is no longer selling 30 round mags.

OpticsPlanet is no longer selling 30 round mags.

We fully understand how the email featured in the article on The Truth About Guns suggests that we may have made a decision to limit the sales of magazines over 10 rounds due to the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Before we go any further, we want to make it clear that our condolences go to the families of all of the victims, and that our hearts go out to a community trying to recover after a senseless event.

At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products such as bump stocks or binary triggers, when many did. We do not raise prices during frenzies. We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required.

In this case, insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity. We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it.

We own up to the fact that we did not explain this well internally, which led to an unclear message given to the customer, but we can completely repudiate any notion that this is a reaction to any recent event or the political climate. Unfortunately, our loyal customer base is best served by purchasing their magazines from retailers in “free” states. This issue is currently out of our hands. We’re committed to working hard to retain your business for everything else you need.

It’s unfortunate that this issue has created so much confusion, and we apologize for not providing clearer messaging in the first place. We continue to support our passionate customer community as we have for the past eighteen years in every way we can.

Back